Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Super Bowl 2009 Park Attendance? in the Vacation Planning forums; Can anyone remember if park attendance was way up the week preceding the Super Bowl in 2001 (or 84 or 91 for that matter) when it was in Tampa? We ...
    qsac17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Super Bowl 2009 Park Attendance?

Can anyone remember if park attendance was way up the week preceding the Super Bowl in 2001 (or 84 or 91 for that matter) when it was in Tampa? We were planning a trip for that week (Jan 25-31), but are considering changing our trip schedule so we don't run into increased, or even crazy, park attendance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know about those years, but we were there on Super Bowl weekend this year and Epcot was dead. Every single attraction (including Soarin') was a walk-on more or less. The longest wait we encountered was on Test Track when we waited about 15 minutes.

I'd say chances are 9/10 people probably aren't going to be at the parks since either 1.) They'll actually be at the game or 2.) they'll be watching the game on TV.

Though the parks might not be busy I don't know if I'd say the same for the resorts or as far as dining goes, the ESPN Club.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

qsac17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sorria,

With the Super Bowl being in Tampa, I'm concerned the week leading up to the game. Tampa isn't far, and I can see a lot of ppl coming up to WDW for fun. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks again,

Mark

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never made it over to WDW during the last Superbowl in Tampa (where I am from), but it did coincide with Gasparilla on Saturday (think Mardi Gras dressed up as pirates) and then of course the game on Sunday. I do know that I would not go down toward Ybor City (entertainment district) that whole weekend. There were people staying as far away as Orlando, though and tons of pax flying through MCO. I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly about parks, but hotels and flights may be hard to work with.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it