Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What to do on 2 day solo trip?? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have 2 days next weekend without family or wife going with me. I know Lou and a bunch of you others on here has gone solo before and I ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile What to do on 2 day solo trip??

I have 2 days next weekend without family or wife going with me. I know Lou and a bunch of you others on here has gone solo before and I was just curious on some ideas of what have you done. My wife and I just got back 3 weeks ago from 5 days at WDW and can't talk her into going back when we are returning in first week of May. I told her no use wasting 2 days down there when I have a pass.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 02-08-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hit all the attractions you like, and none of the ones you go on because your family wants to. Take the time to walk around an notice the details ("look up" as Lou and Jeff are fond of saying). Spend an entire evening at the Adventurer's Club and/or Comedy Warehouse. Eat at that restaurant you always wanted to but couldn't because it's too expensive to feed the whole family. Try to find a night to watch Illuminations, Wishes, and Fantasmic all on the same night. Take one of the tours like Keys to the Kingdom or Around The World On Segway. Catch a showing of Cirque Du Soleil. Take surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon. Go parasailing. Drive a racecar at Tom Petty's.

Basically, do any or all of the stuff you'd never have time to do if the family was with you...

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Drive a racecar at Tom Petty's.

Basically, do any or all of the stuff you'd never have time to do if the family was with you...
    That'll be news to TOM !!!!!!!
    Long live King Richard!!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 02-09-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    hahaha. That's what I get for typing quickly.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Great ideas! I took a few hours taking pictures of the things I wanted to but I never had the time to because too many people wanting to move on to a ride. I also talked to a bunch of CMs who were standing around at their post. They were very interesting to talk to. They probably thought I was crazy but that's okay- they might be right!

Over all, do whatever you want- resort hop - get up early, stay up late!!! The sky's the limit!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    go whereever you want to do what you want whenever you want! and of course have a blast!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It's the best treat you can give yourself! take pictures of obscure things without being left behind, talk to cast members without having someone roll their eyes, take advantage of the single ride lines, stay as long as you like and arrive as early as to want.....and do all the other things already suggested. See, you'll barely have time to do it all in 2 days.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Take a tour. You are with a group of people, and get to meet interesting folks.
    I love the Keys to the Kingdom Tour as well as the UnDiscovered Future World tour.

I also love getting my picture taken with a character - you don't have to worry about your wife rolling her eyes at ya!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow! Lucky You! I would love to get the chance to do a solo trip. Almost a clensing experience. Sounds wierd but most of the Disney fanatics understand.