Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss 2 week trip to Florida in planning stages where should we stay at disney? in the Vacation Planning forums; 2 week trip to Florida in planning stages where should we stay at disney for the duration?...
    MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder

2 week trip to Florida in planning stages where should we stay at disney?

2 week trip to Florida in planning stages where should we stay at disney for the duration?
    MelinaR..

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    There is no right answer to that question. Walt Disney World has over thirty resorts to choose from - 4 Value, 4 Moderate, 9 Deluxe, 6 Vacation Club, 2 non-Disney's in the Epcot area, and 7 non-Disney's in the Downtown Disney area, plus the Shades of Green military resort. Which one is the one for you is a matter of your budget, your preferences, and your intentions.

Are you going to be staying at the hotel for not much more than sleeping and showering? Forego the additional costs and just stay at a Value. I recommend Pop Century.
    Are you going to be going with kids who want to go to the Magic Kingdom most days, and is your budget less limited? Try one of the Deluxe's on the monorail loop.
    Are you going to be spending a lot of time at the resort and looking for fun things to do there and not just in the parks? Try one of the Boardwalk-area resorts.
    Do you want a high-quality hotel stay for a cheaper price, but are willing to forgo being surrounded by Disney "magic" 24/7? Try one of the Downtown Disney non-Disney resorts.
    Are you looking for something cheaper than the Deluxes, but still want to be inundated with Disney, but not as crowded as the Values? Try one of the Moderates.

I suggest you head over to AllEars.net's accomodations section to read about all the resorts, and then their Rate & Review section to see what other people think about each of the resorts. Or if you have any specifics about what you're looking for in your vacation experience, let us know and we can help you strategize...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I second what mritty said. Me personally, I'm a huge fan of the Value resorts (as I know he is as well). If you're traveling with children they can be a lot of fun on a budget. Personally, I love All Star Movies. We've been, tried others, and are going back in May. I think, outside of a large family trip in 2009 with 3 generations of folks, we'll continue to stay at ASMo each year.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I don't know what kind of budget you are working with, but my picks on all levels would be:

Deluxe: Beach Club, Polynesian
    Moderate: Either Port Orleans Resorts
    Value: Pop Century

can't comment on any DVC resorts because I have never been to any...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the help. Checking allears and reading a few travel books about disney
    MelinaR..

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You might consider splitting your stay among more than one resort, since you will be there for so long. That would give you a chance to sample more of what is available, and maybe even stretch your budget. For example, you might spend a week at Pop Century (a value resort) and then the second week at Port Orleans: Riverside (a moderate).
    The value resorts are comfortable but limited in what they have at the resort. There's a pool, a food court, a game room, and a gift shop, and that's pretty much it. If you're going to spend all your time at the parks, then that's enough, but with 14 days you'll probably want to schedule a couple of 'down-time' days or it can get overwhelming. The moderate resorts have more things to do at the resort - for example, a pool with a slide, a marina where you can rent boats, a place to rent bicycles/surrey cycles, and other activities. All the moderates except Port Orleans: French Quarter have a table service restaurant in addition to the food court (French Quarter is just a short walk away from the restaurant at Port Orleans: Riverside).
    Then there are the Vacation Club resorts and the Deluxe resorts, where there are even more things to do right at your resort.

Happy planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page