Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Timing for Booking?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! We are planning to stay in one of the All Star Suites on our next trip (next January). I know they are typically hard to get due to ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Timing for Booking??

Hi all!

We are planning to stay in one of the All Star Suites on our next trip (next January). I know they are typically hard to get due to limited availability.... Any thoughts on the best strategy for booking?

Should I basically book now to lock in the suite/dates and call back to check on possible pricing changes/new deals?

Should I wait a few months until 2009 prices are officially out (which I think typically isn't until August which makes me nervous)?

Does anyone know if Disney will apply discount codes/lowered rates to existing reservations? I frequently get discount codes in the mail/email and want to take advantage if possible.

Any tips on timing, etc would be great. Thanks!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you know your dates, book now.

You can always apply a different discount code later. Whenever I book, I book at the AAA rate, and then when Annual Passholder rates come out (usually about a month or two prior to checkin), I call back and have them convert my reservation to that rate.

Keep an eye on MouseSavers.com for any new discounts that may come up.

Better yet, book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney (Lou recommends TheMagicForLess.com) and they'll automatically apply any new discounts for you as soon as they become available. There is no cost or booking fees to use them. They get their money direct from Disney.
    Last edited by mritty; 02-16-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Book as soon as you can And as mritty said above, discounts can always be applied to your reservations later.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Michelle C is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    Hi all!

We are planning to stay in one of the All Star Suites on our next trip (next January). I know they are typically hard to get due to limited availability.... Any thoughts on the best strategy for booking?

Should I basically book now to lock in the suite/dates and call back to check on possible pricing changes/new deals?

Should I wait a few months until 2009 prices are officially out (which I think typically isn't until August which makes me nervous)?

Does anyone know if Disney will apply discount codes/lowered rates to existing reservations? I frequently get discount codes in the mail/email and want to take advantage if possible.

Any tips on timing, etc would be great. Thanks!
    I agree, booking now at least will give you the resort you want. Always easier to adjust or change something then to not get it at all. Good Luck
    Michelle
    Michelle Cunningham, CTC

michelle@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Disney Dream 1/11 and 2/11 - Disney Fantasy 3/11
    Disney Wonder August 08, December 2001
    WDW Oct and Dec 11,Jan 09, Dec 08, Jan 08, Jun 07, Sept 06, Sept 03
    ABD's Southwest Aug 07, Backstage Magic 4/09 & 10/09
    Disneyland Sept 1971 & 25+ more times since

Tom Meischker is offline A-Ticket holder

Info request

I booked my reservation in March, or April and accomplished one thing. It confirmed that I had a suite for the week of Jan 2 - Jan 9. IF they institute the price increase from 2008 to what I was quoted, at that time, it will be right at 34%. The travel agent said it was high to her, also, because I could not believe it. I can not believe that even Disney is going to increase that much of a hike. With that said, I would strongly recommend booking now, rather than waiting until the prices are released in August. I know I intend to take one of the rides home with me if the actual hike holds up. I am wondering about the ages of your children actually coming away with a memorable experience. My grandsons will be 6 and 7, but I believe your children will never remember it. For what it is going to cost they better remember it. I hope I have been of some help. By the way, I hope you have purchased park tickets because they increase every year. I bought mine, and by the time January rolls around it will be almost 2 years ago. That has saved a few bucks. Every little bit helps. Also, figure out where you will eat. Finally, be sure you will be picked up at the airport and delivered back. Take care.
    Last edited by Tom Meischker; 06-08-2008 at 09:39 AM.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Meischker View Post
    I booked my reservation in March, or April and accomplished one thing. It confirmed that I had a suite for the week of Jan 2 - Jan 9. IF they institute the price increase from 2008 to what I was quoted, at that time, it will be right at 34%. The travel agent said it was high to her, also, because I could not believe it. I can not believe that even Disney is going to increase that much of a hike. With that said, I would strongly recommend booking now, rather than waiting until the prices are released in August. I know I intend to take one of the rides home with me if the actual hike holds up. I am wondering about the ages of your children actually coming away with a memorable experience. My grandsons will be 6 and 7, but I believe your children will never remember it. For what it is going to cost they better remember it. I hope I have been of some help. By the way, I hope you have purchased park tickets because they increase every year. I bought mine, and by the time January rolls around it will be almost 2 years ago. That has saved a few bucks. Every little bit helps. Also, figure out where you will eat. Finally, be sure you will be picked up at the airport and delivered back. Take care.
    Thanks, everyone! We went ahead and booked and already have our tickets, bought on our last trip in 2007. We know they won't remember the whole trip but we always will...and it won't be our last trip to the world. Its already the second visit for both boys and the last one went really well. Our 3.5 year old who was 2 on the last trip still talks about that trip and how much he loved it. He remembers quite a bit. Obviously my younger son who was 10 months old doesn't remember it, but he did get his first hair cut there which was a priceless memory for me.

I am getting excited because I can make my ADRs on 7/21!! That will make it seem so much closer!
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...