Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Is there Christmas in January? in the Vacation Planning forums; Eventhough I already have plans to visit WDW in October, I'm pondering another visit for next January too. I was wondering, how long are the parks decorated for the holidays? ...
    corkins441 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Is there Christmas in January?

Eventhough I already have plans to visit WDW in October, I'm pondering another visit for next January too. I was wondering, how long are the parks decorated for the holidays? I'm thinking of going the first week of January and was hoping I would still be able to see the Christmas decor..
    ---------------------------
    *Marilee

" IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE, WHILST KNOWLEDGE POINTS TO ALL THERE IS, IMAGINATION POINTS TO ALL THERE COULD BE." Albert Einstein

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    If you make it in the first week of January you should be okay, usually the decorations will still be up at the time. After that you will be out of luck as they usually come down over night just after the first week of January...Hope that helps!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    If you have the chance to see them while they are still up...I got to do it for the first time this year and I have to say...there is no place like Disney at Christmas time!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneyfan822 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Marion, Illinois, originally from St. Louis, MO
    I'm kind of thinking of the same time frame. I wanted to go to Mousefest, but we're going in August for our family vacation, and I'm going again in January for the half marathon so I'm not sure I can swing another trip in December financially. I know the decorations aren't up over marathon weekend cause they weren't this year, but I was thinking of maybe coming a week early and making it a week vacation before the run, maybe then I'll catch the decorations still up?!
    Sheila disneyfan822

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm trying to find it but in another thread someone had pretty specific answers on this. Like the obsburne lights come down early but I guess the general decore in the MK was up until the 4th or 5th of January? I'm trying to find the thread now...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

corkins441 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Jenn.... that helped a lot. The trip is still in it's "maybe" stage we'll see.
    ---------------------------
    *Marilee

" IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE, WHILST KNOWLEDGE POINTS TO ALL THERE IS, IMAGINATION POINTS TO ALL THERE COULD BE." Albert Einstein