Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss planning a trip for March 23rd in the Vacation Planning forums; as most of you know, im new here. for those of you who dont know me, im kayla. anyhow, me and my friend have been planning this trip for about ...
    lovedisneyland is offline A-Ticket holder

planning a trip for March 23rd

as most of you know,
    im new here.

for those of you who dont know me,
    im kayla.

anyhow,
    me and my friend have been planning this trip for about 4 hours.
    and we are planning to stay at the Grand Hotel for about 5 days.
    23rd-28th.
    we are wondering what we also need to plan.
    so some advice would be helpful

thanks.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    well that largely depends on what you've planned already...

Have you decided which parks you want to do? Will you be spending all five days in Disney, or will you be going to other locations as well? Will you be doing just the theme parks, or do you also want to sample either or both Water Parks, mini-golf, resort recreation, Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island, etc? Do you know if you want to do any table-service meals? If you do, have you made reservations? Have you already bought your tickets? If not, are going to want to go to more than one park on a single day? Do you know how you're getting from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to and from the parks, and the hotel back to the airport? Have you gotten at least a rough idea of which attractions to hit in what order at each of the parks?

There is a LOT to plan when going to Disney World. It's hard to help you without knowing what you've already done in those 4 hours....

lovedisneyland is offline A-Ticket holder
    well we figured it out.

we're going to disneyland on July 3rd for 4th of july weekend; and staying until July 7th.
    i live in California so it will only take me about an hour and a half drive up there.
    we're going to go to both parks,maybe both in one day.
    we're planning to go to the Downtown Disney Distric.
    we're not going to plan on which rides to go on,we're waiting until we get there.
    we plan to go home at 11:00 PM on July 7th.

but it is true,
    disneyland does take a lot of preperation.
    thank God i gave myself four months to plan this all out.haha.

thanks so much for your help,
    you gave me a lot of food for thought haha.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    March 23 != July 7. *confused*

BTW, just so you're aware, unless you specifically say "Disneyland", or are posting in the Disneyland forum, most people will assume that "taking a trip" means "to Walt Disney World". A lot of what I said is now irrelevant (Pleasure Island, Water Parks, mini-golf)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Welcome. You've picked a very nice hotel. Anyone familiar with Disney knows it to be a California Hotel that is over the top. So much to do there. We had our Honeymoon at Disneyland wonderful memories. Have any questions just post them, someone will be there to answer you. Most of the folks are really nice and helpful

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Welcome to the boards!! Disneyland rocks. Be sure to do the Matterhorn it is original to that park and unique. Also, see if the milk and cookies service is available at the hotel, it is awesome to come into your room late at night and have a pitcher of milk in a dish of ice, with a plate of Mickey cookies on the tables.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.