Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Grand Gatherings Cost? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, all! I'm a frequent visitor of Walt Disney World. My first visit was when I was three. I am now 20 and have visited at least five times since ...
    Dominnieque is offline A-Ticket holder

Grand Gatherings Cost?

Hello, all! I'm a frequent visitor of Walt Disney World. My first visit was when I was three. I am now 20 and have visited at least five times since then. My boyfriend and I are making it a habit to go once every year, we visited this past January and in '07 and are planning to go again in January of 2009.

We've been asking our friends and family to join us, but most of our college friends just laugh at us. However, we've gotten them to see the fun in coming. Now, my question is how much does a Grand Gathering of 8-10 people, with 4-5 rooms, usually cost (per person or the whole she-bang)? I'm not getting much information from my phone calls or the site (which is odd!). We're your typical broke college students who have to start saving now for an extravegant vacation away, so before my friends agree to start planning it they want an idea of cost. I'm just having trouble getting that information. So, please, can someone help me find this out? I'm very desperate!

Dominique aka "Dominnieque"

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    To my knowledge, there is no discount for grand gathering. Your total is whatever your total would be if all 10 people booked rooms and tickets separately. "Grand Gathering" simply means that you're allowed to book extra additional events like tours and dinners. Those too, of course, cost more money.

I could be completely wrong on this, as I've never done it myself, but I've never heard that there are any discounts for a Grand Gathering booking.

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

Gathering

The above reply was right...we just got back from a "gathering" with 8 of us. No discount for rooms but they do book you in rooms side by side (we had 3 rooms at POR) and you then can do other events. We did the Wishes's fireworks cruise with Hook, Smee and Peter Pan that cost, I believe, something like $30 per person.

Dominnieque is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you, very much, guys! Someone told me that the cost for more adults would rise and someone else told me it would be discounted, so I was slightly confused!

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominnieque View Post
    Thank you, very much, guys! Someone told me that the cost for more adults would rise and someone else told me it would be discounted, so I was slightly confused!
    Maybe what they were trying to say was if there are more than 2 adults in a room, Disney will charge an Extra Adult fee of $10 per night plus tax.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel