Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss RANT!! Disney's phone system in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, I need to rant about this, because it's going to bug me all day until I get it out. We've heard all the complaints before about the pointlessness of ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

RANT!! Disney's phone system

Okay, I need to rant about this, because it's going to bug me all day until I get it out.

We've heard all the complaints before about the pointlessness of the hoops Disney makes you go through when you call them. Yes, I've been to WDW before. Yes, I've been at least once since 2000. Yes, I've been 5 or more times. This is all much more annoying when you realize the FIRST thing they ask me is for my resort reservation number - they have my entire history by having that number, there's no need to ask me for it all again!

But now today I experienced something far far worse. After going through all that bologna and finally getting to the selection about what I'm calling for, I chose 2 to modify my existing reservation. FINALLY I get a human being. "Hi, thank you for calling Disney, what can I do for you?" "I'd like to add a day on to the beginning of my reservation." "Okay, right now our systems are undergoing an enhancement, so I can't pull up your reservation. You should try calling back in a couple hours."

&(*%!$(#_)!!!

Where do I even start. First, why not simply tell me that at the START of the phone tree, rather than making me go through that mess just so a human being can tell me. Second, why are your systems going through an "enhancement" during business hours, rather than before the phone lines open at 7am? Third, since I've already chosen "2 to modify an existing resort reservation", why do you need to ask me what you can help me with if you KNOW you can't help me!!! Fourth, I don't care if you can't pull up my reservation - *I* know exactly what I want to do! You should be offering to take all my information down on pen and paper if necessary, and make the changes when your system complete their "enhancement".

GRRRRRRRRR.

(.... breathe, Itty, breathe.....)

Okay. I'm better now. Thank you for letting me vent. :-)

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I feel your pain. I cannot stand all these little "enhancements" they do that includes phones or their cast website that keeps constantly changing. I understand the need to keep things up to date and more efficient, but doesn't it defeat the purpose if you're trying to make a system that's already efficent, and make it 1 or 2 percent more efficient which will cause about 2 - 3 months of headache in trying to make sure everyone is up to date with the new numbers or new page. There was one morning I was rushing in almost late for work and I forgot my ID which I'm sure happens to everyone once in a while, and thought that I'll be ok, I have my nametag on and costume on, lunch, etc, ready to work. They wouldn't let me on, which is also understandable because I don't have my photo ID, but to make sure that it's really me, I have to go call my manager whose number I can't remember off the top of my head, plus I'm not sure which 1 of the 10 - 15 managers is mine so I was given this one number that will direct me to the area I needed. Turns out, that number "is no longer in service, try this number ****" Ok, so I hang up, and try the other number it suggested, and I get some resort number and they're wondering why I'm calling them to ask them to send an email to security telling them it's OK for me to go to work, thankfully they transfered me over to someone who sent security the email, and 30 minutes later, I finally show up to work.

Tra la la. Four hours later, systems still being "enhanced", still nothing they can do but tell me to call back "in a couple hours".

Phenomenally disappointed with Disney customer service right now. :-(

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This stuff happens everytime I call the DVC members phone#. The phones lines are always busy. Thats right busy. They have over 100,000 members if I am not mistaken and they only have limited phone lines! If the system is going through "enhancements" we do not even get to talk to a cm. Most of the time they just put up a message saying the lines are down please call back tomorrow. mritty I feel your pain. Good luck!
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Do you think they say the system is undergoing enhancements, what they are actually saying is "which idiot messed with the system? nothing is working and there are customers on the phone! why didnt i book a days leave today? will somebody PLEASE figure out how to turn the computers back on!!"
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    UGGG! That is ucky (with or without the s in front..your choice...lol)

Hint when you call the 407-wdisney number, after the first thing that asks you 1 for english, etc , press your language choice then just keep hitting 0 everytime it asks you for something (it may say we didnt quite get that--press 0 again) and keep doing it until you hear "please hold for the next available representative" thing. Connects you right to a person. Takes 1/2 the time from pressing in the numbers. Dont ask how I know but it really truely does. OK alright, since you DID ask, I roughly timed it. I was curious, OK? LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

FINALLY got through, 7 hours after I started calling this morning, with the systems being back up.

I dunno about the 0s thing, I think after about the fourth or fifth time I tried today, I had the numbers I had to press down pretty well: 1, 1, 2, 2, <confirmation number>, 1, 1, 1. :-)

(That's 1 for English, 1 for WDW, 2 for not a MYW package, 2 for modify an existing reservation, confirmation number, 1 for visited WDW before, 1 for since 2000, 1 for 5 or more times....)

wdwfreek is offline A-Ticket holder
    The same thing happened to me this morning, went all through the prompts only to get “Sorry out computers are down” So frustrating. What makes it worse is I have to call everyday until my trip to see if they will offer me the Disney Visa Card Holder Free Ticket Upgrade. After go through all the phone chaos, I was told the package is sold out and I could call back another day to see if anything opens up. You better believe I will be calling everyday. I really don't want to, It will be miraculous if I get it.
    Just call me "LA"

1 week every August 1972 – 1980 – Ft. Wilderness Campground
    June 1984 - ?
    June 1987 - Ft. Wilderness Cabin
    April 1990 – Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat) / Disney Inn
    March 1991 – Marriott International Drive
    March 1992 – Caribbean Beach
    March 1993 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1994 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1997 - Ft. Wilderness Lodge
    March 2002 – Disney Cruise / Caribbean Beach
    November 2006 – Disney Cruise
    Aprin 2008 – Port Orleans French Quarter

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And they wouldn't be doing this if it was on their dime. My guess is they wouldn't keep us on the phone with all those prompts and surveys if they had a 800 number