Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Best Time of year to go to Disney??? in the Vacation Planning forums; I don't know if there already is a thread like this... but I was wondering... when is the best time to go to Disney, in your opinion. I was thinking ...
    disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Red face Best Time of year to go to Disney???

I don't know if there already is a thread like this... but I was wondering... when is the best time to go to Disney, in your opinion.

I was thinking May or the week right after Thanksgiving!! what is everyones opinion?!?
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know there are threads like this, but I'm too lazy to find them right now.

My preference is late October into early November. You've got the park decorated for Halloween for the first part of your trip, and the beginnings of the Christmas decorations for the last part of your trip. You've got Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom. You've got the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot. The parks are fairly light crowds. The resorts are in 'regular' season, so aren't too expensive. The weather mild, neither too hot in the day nor too cool at night.

If I had to suggest alternatives, it would be mid-December (for all the Christmas stuff) and March or April but not near spring break or Easter.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Super Bowl weekend. The parks are dead. I can't say the same for the resorts, but if you're just looking to do a park this would be the time to do it. Not very many people then at all.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Mickey08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    mritty is right. That is usually the best time to go. However, we went last year and it was crowded. I think with the dollar being down there were a lot more people from the UK that were there.

Also early september is a good time cause the kids are back in school at that time.

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would have to vote for Early December. The Christmas Decorations are just beautiful, weather is nice and the prices and crowds are low.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I completely agree. My most recent trip was in the second week in December and everything about it was perfect. The prices, crowds, weather, and Christmas decorations were all fantastic.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    We want for the first time last year in Janurary it was a great time. No major crowds, weather was awesome mostly in the low 70's all week! We're going in May this year!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    Late January was nice because there was almost nobody there, but it was a little on the cool side. Early October has been pretty nice. I've been down there a few times in October and from what I remember it's not too bad then. Early November was nice too because the crowds aren't bad yet (kids are still in school) and the weather was pretty decent. I've been down in March before and attendance was low, but that might vary depending on spring breaks and Easter being earlier or later. I'm hoping I don't run into that problem next week and that it's far enough away from Easter where it won't be real crowded.
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Food and Wine Festival is my absolute favorite time to go. It's so nice. If you go that time and you're doing the dining plan, don't use all of your snacks. Save them for some mickey ice cream bars!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Try Touringplans.com. There is a crowd calendar there with a scale of 4 to 10. It is pretty accurate as a guideline to how much wait time there will be fora park or an attraction. Like Mr Ritty post above, those are good times to go. Personally as a passholder, I never go above a 5 or 6 unles I'm with folks who have a set vacation dates. I pretty much get the flight and work from there.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 12-26-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: edit

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    probably the 1st week of December. Not yet crowded but with all of the holiday decor and goings-on
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    First week of March. Perfect weather. High 70's, low 80's. No wait over 10 minutes (minus Soarin' which was 20). Spring breakers haven't rolled in yet. It's absolutely wonderful!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We were in the parks the day(s) right after Labor Day. Weather was good. Crowds were the lightest I've seen. Till I see what it's like here after the Christmas holidays, that will have to get my vote.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.