Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Visiting WDW over Veteran's Day in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello to my fellow Disney enthusiasts! I'm planning on visiting WDW (woo-hoo!) with a good chunk of family in November. I'll be traveling with 4 school-aged kids (2 of whom ...
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Visiting WDW over Veteran's Day

Hello to my fellow Disney enthusiasts!

I'm planning on visiting WDW (woo-hoo!) with a good chunk of family in November. I'll be traveling with 4 school-aged kids (2 of whom are high schoolers). We always visit WDW in the school year to avoid crowds. However, the high schoolers' parents would like to see their kids miss as few school days as possible. For that reason, we're considering going in the week of Veteran's Day. Has anyone ever been in WDW on or around Veteran's Day? How are the crowds? If they're bad, we might pick a different week.

Thanks, and have a magical day!

Smack81

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    As they were just saying on another podcast, there are no slow times at Disney anymore. Although I just went in January and the crowds were very light but I've also been in November but I think it was just before Verterans Day. I remember the World Showcase being packed but that was due to the Food and Wine Festival (it's worth the crowds) but I don't remember the rest of the parks being bad at all. Any long weekend that schools have off you are going to see an increase in crowds but it's better then going at Easter or Christmas. Maybe touringplans.com can help you more.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    As they were just saying on another podcast, there are no slow times at Disney anymore. Although I just went in January and the crowds were very light but I've also been in November but I think it was just before Verterans Day. I remember the World Showcase being packed but that was due to the Food and Wine Festival (it's worth the crowds) but I don't remember the rest of the parks being bad at all. Any long weekend that schools have off you are going to see an increase in crowds but it's better then going at Easter or Christmas. Maybe touringplans.com can help you more.
    We're hoping to go the week right after the F&W Festival ends, so I'm hoping that that won't be a problem. (We were there during the Festival 2 years ago and thought it was a nightmare, truth be told, but we're not much for drinking or trying a lot of 'different' foods, so that's probably why.) I'll keep that website in mind. Thanks!