Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Your Weekend Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; After listening to the Samantha Brown podcast recently, she mentioned something about an upcoming series called "Weekend Trips" or something like that. Anyway, I was curious to see what ideas ...
    SafariStitch is offline A-Ticket holder

Your Weekend Trip

After listening to the Samantha Brown podcast recently, she mentioned something about an upcoming series called "Weekend Trips" or something like that. Anyway, I was curious to see what ideas everyone had for a fun weekend trip at the World?

For example, my wife and I recently did a weekend at the Dolphin where we got in on Friday and went to Cirque du Soleil Friday evening and then spent Saturday morning at the Grand Floridian Spa followed by lunch at Le Cellier and fireworks at Epcot. Then, on Sunday, we motored around in our little mouse boats over at The Contemporary and chilled at the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon and finally flying out in the evening. It was actually a lot more relaxing than it sounds

I'd love to hear what other fun weekend trips are out there?
    What time is the 4 o'clock parade?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've done what you would call a long weekend (4 days/3 nights) but they weren't necessarily on the weekend. Once it was focused around the Food & Wine Festival. We went to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. We spend one evening playing mini golf at Winter/Summerland. We always like to spend some time exploring the resort we are staying in and some time at DTD. This last trip we took we spent more time in Animal Kingdom, which was the most time I have ever spent there, but we did so many new things that we had never done before so it was great and again went to the MK. We also always try a new restaurant. Your right it is relaxing because your not even trying to do it all.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

SafariStitch is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sweet! That sounds awesome. I totally echo your "try a new restaurant" thing, we try to do the same.
    What time is the 4 o'clock parade?

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My husband and I did a short weekend trip and I agree with everyone else, it was very relaxing because we did not try to cram everything in. We did the Backstage Magic Tour. Rented a boat and road around. Had Champaign on our Balcony (Anniversary gift from the resort). It was just nice to slow down for a change and relax.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I did a lightening-quick 3day weekend in 2006, specifically to hit as much of the Christmas stuff as I could. I arrived around noon on Friday and went right to Epcot. I got a FP for Soarin and then went into the World Showcase to listen to some of the storytellers.. I saw the first showing of the Candlelight processional, then scurried back to Future World to see the Tree Lighting. After my Soarin' FP and some dinner, back to the hotel.

Saturday morning, bright and early, I went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, entered the Magic Kingdom and watched some of the Christmas parade taping, then over to "Mickey's 'Twas The Night Before Christmas" in Tomorrowland. From there I went to MGM to see the Osborne Lights and watch Fantasmic. From MGM to the Contemporary to see some of the decorations there, and then walked back to the Magic Kingdom to pick up the packages I'd left at Package Pickup and watch Spectromagic, and then back to the hotel.

Sunday morning I was on a plane back to snowy windy Albany, NY. :-)