Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Early Morning Tour in the Vacation Planning forums; I am planning my annual October WDW vacation and planning to do the early morning ( 7:30am ) Train tour at Magic Kingdom. I will be staying at the Beach ...
    corkins441 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Early Morning Tour

I am planning my annual October WDW vacation and planning to do the early morning ( 7:30am ) Train tour at Magic Kingdom. I will be staying at the Beach Club and was wondering if anyone had any information on how to get over to the MK so early in the a.m. without a car. The tour begins at Guest Relations at the main entrance. Are the resort buses running that early?
    ---------------------------
    *Marilee

" IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE, WHILST KNOWLEDGE POINTS TO ALL THERE IS, IMAGINATION POINTS TO ALL THERE COULD BE." Albert Einstein

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Mmhmm sure don't ask me this... just post it out on DWT. LOL!!

Ironically I posted a similar question earlier today... because we have breakfast at the Crystal Palace before the park opens on our first day. Someone said the resort busses start running at 7:00 but I don't think that'd get you there for the 7:30 tour (the bus will just take you to the TTC, then you gotta wait for and ride the monorail over to the MK). As it is, we're driving and parking at the TTC for our 8:05am breakfast because I don't trust the busses to get us there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

The buses drop you off at the main bus depot by the main gate. You don't have to use the monorail. I'm still not sure if a 7am bus would get us there by the 7:15 meet time at guest relations....
    *Marilee

" IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE, WHILST KNOWLEDGE POINTS TO ALL THERE IS, IMAGINATION POINTS TO ALL THERE COULD BE." Albert Einstein

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Oh gosh y'know I was thinking of the off property busses. You're right. But you're also right that I don't see them getting you there for the tour.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    When I called and made our reservations for POFQ I asked about the magic behind our steam trains tour. The cast member read the description of the tour and at the end of that, it then says to drive to the contemporary and give the cast member/security guard at the gate my confirmation number and then walk to the magic kingdom using the CR walkway. I stayed at the CR in '94 for 13 nights so I am pretty familiar with the walkway, about 5-6 minutes to the turnstiles at MK. In a review of the tour on allearsnet the reviewer said they were able to get a bus from their disney resort to the MK early enough for the tour, but I'm not so sure. You have to be there 15-20 minutes before the 7:30 am start time. We are driving to WDW this year for the first time since '97 so I am not taking any chances on the buses, as good as they are, to get me to the MK on time.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

If you are staying on site check with your resort for the times buses start for the character breakfasts. And don't forget the buses will drop you off right at the turn around by the front of the MK.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Thanks so much for your input. This is still in the early planning stages, but it's always better to safe than sorry. I would hate to have paid for the tour, only to arrive late at the park and miss the boat, or should I say train. Thanks again, your help has been appreciated.
    *Marilee

Just trying to help the way others have helped me on this site

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    For what it's worth, I took the Segway tour at Epcot (the earlier class) with a family member a few years ago. I think we had to be to Guest Relations by 8:30. We thought about waiting for the bus (hoping it would start early enough) but ended up calling a cab just in case. As it turned out, some of our 'groupmates' (coming from other resorts) made it on time, but only just. So to be on the safe side, you might want to take a cab. Have fun on your tour!