Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss best mk route for 3year old princess. in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, My wife, daughter, and I are going next week to MK and I am trying to figure out how to best plan our route. I want to get ...
    mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

best mk route for 3year old princess.

Hi all,
    My wife, daughter, and I are going next week to MK and I am trying to figure out how to best plan our route. I want to get Fastpasses for Buzz, Pooh, Peter Pan, and Jungle cruise. We aren't going to the Mountains or haunted mansion as this visit is mostly for our daughter. Any suggestions or iteneraries that seem to work best for a 3 year old princess?

Thanks,
    matt

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    If those are your most important... I would go straight to Fantasy land and probably get Pooh (closest to Tomorrowland) and then head over to Buzz. The line there usually isn't too bad in the early a.m. Then make your way toward Fantasyland and get Peter Pan before riding Pooh. There are a couple of play areas and several rides to pass the time in between fast passes, also lots of kid friendly rides. Try Small World, Philharmagic (3D show but the little ones really seem to love it), and if you have a LOT of time to kill, you could always wait in line for Dumbo (no FP on this one). After you've finished with Pan and that area, head through Frontierland (maybe catch a fun Toy Story street show on the way) and into Adventureland. You might think she's still a bit young, but my nieces 4 & 1 LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean and sing the Yo Ho song with them. Once you're on that side of the park, grab a FP for Jungle Cruise if there is a line (you never know, sometimes it's a 5 min wait in the middle of the day!). If you do decide to FP it and didn't want to wait for Dumbo, ride the Magic Carpets. Also the Tiki Room is a great respite if you need a little air conditioning or resting of legs.
    If you get to MK early in the morning, you can probably do all this by lunch time or afternoon naps. We usually take off to the hotel around this time and then come back after dinner and again it's a little less crowded than mid-day.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What satijp mentioned is what I would recommend as well.

Do, do, do get to the parks about 15 minutes prior to opening. Sometimes that can be challenging with a little one, but it will absolutely pay off.

Also, if you were considering renting a stroller, I recommend waiting until after you have hit all of your Fantasyland rides. Once the park opens the moms and dads head over to the stroller rental que. However, since once you are in Fanstasyland you basically park your stroller and leave it while you ride the rides, I would go straight to FL, have fun and then double back to grab your stroller.

Additionally, you can rent a stroller for your length of stay and that saves time. You will get tickets that you simply bring to the CM handing out the strollers each time you enter the park - that way you can bypass the big line where people are paying.

Have a terrific time!
    Suzy
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    definitely hitting the FPs for Pooh would be a great idea.

As far as strollers go... I remember one time I went I was really really young and my family rented a stroller for me and when you go to the rides you have to park them - obviously - but when we came back out from our ride, it was gone... I don't really remember what we had to do for our situation but that just a word of caution for you....... WATCH YOUR STROLLERS haha
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Thanks for the tips! Does MK ever run out of strollers? I think that is a great idea about skipping the stroller rental until after doing Toontown and FL. Thanksgiving 2006 we went when my daughtewr was 2 and you are right, all we did was park the sroller the whole time we were in FL. Then CM's move your stroller so you have to hunt for it. We had an unopened bottled water and someone stole it while we were in Snow White.
    :-( Why would someone steal in the happiest place on earth?

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    SKIP the Jungle Cruise, and take your daughter to the Animal Kingdom. The JC is a waste of time. The AK is a fabulous park, with very many things to do with your daughter.

As for the MK, head straight through the castle to Fantasyland. But, just because your daughter is young, don't automatically skip the other areas. There are a few things she can do in each land, but more important, you won't get a true feel for Disney World unless you experience each area.

Are the characters in toontown as soon as park opens?

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymatt View Post
    Are the characters in toontown as soon as park opens?
    Toontown generally doesn't open until 1 hour after the rest of the park.

Another suggestion - if you think your daughter wants to ride on Dumbo, I would get the Pooh FP's and then head directly to Dumbo. This is the only time of day when you won't spend 1 hour in line for that ride. Also, I would head to Buzz after you do all of the Fantasyland rides. Before heading to Buzz, you can rent a stroller in Fantasyland at Tinker Bell's Treasures.

While waiting for your FP for Buzz, you can ride on the People Mover, aka the Tomorrowland Transit Authority to pass the time.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Wow thanks! Didn't know you could rent strollers at tinks treasures. Thanks again!

Thanks all, leaving tomorrow!!!!!!
    See ya real soon!