Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Surprise... in the Vacation Planning forums; I want to plan a surprise trip for my son and give it to him as a Christmas gift. I want it to be a complete surprise. We don't have ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Surprise...

I want to plan a surprise trip for my son and give it to him as a Christmas gift. I want it to be a complete surprise. We don't have a disney store to get disney dollars. Any suggestions? We're going to be travelling in March 2009 for 2 weeks (prob stay at Pop Century)

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm pretty sure I heard that if you book a certain package that one of the characters call on your phone to tell the family about the surprise trip they have coming, but I'm not sure if that was just a Christmas thing on not. I would either check with WDW itself or a Disney travel agent. That's a great surprise
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

do you have a number I could call? I just called my travel agent and they didn't know...

Any idea what package I'd have to book? I'd love for my son to get a call (even if it's just a recording) on Christmas Morning telling him he's going to Disney World!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I have also heard something about getting a phone call from Mickey on Christmas morning to tell everyone they are going to WDW...I don't know anything more about it, I'm sure if you call Disney they could help you out.

My mom gave my sister and I a surprise Disney vacation for Christmas one year. She had two little square boxes under the tree, the kind that you just pull the top off of to open it, and they were empty all the way up til xmas morning. When we opened them up on Christmas we each had a small sheet of decorated scrapbooking paper decorated w/ all things Disney. It said something like "Welcome to Walt Disney World Amanda! You will be staying at Disney's All Star Sports Resort from xxxx until xxxx." It was a huge surprise.

Another really fun creative idea would be for him to open up a gift with a clue in it that sent him to another place in your house, kind of like a scavenger hunt. When he found that place there would be another clue leading him somewhere else, etc. Finally at the very end he could find some sort of Disney travel package waiting for him...maybe a small travel bag w/ the WDW vacation planning DVD, sunglasses, autograph book, etc. Just a few ideas to throw out there for you.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

That is awesome! I love the empty box idea! Fantastic! I might do the scavenger hunt too - not sure... I'm not too great making stuff up like that.

If you remember any more ideas about the call or where I can call to arrange it, please let me know.

I'm getting my plane tickets in July for March break - did that last time and got a great deal. Do you know if Disney puts out any special packages? did they have any this year? Because of the celebration, were the prices lower or did they have cheaper packages?

Keep the ideas coming...

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've been looking on the internet to see if I could find anything and I'm finding conflicting reports about it. Some say it was just a Christmas thing that you had to book within certain dates and then I was reading something about paying $2.49 for a phone call. So I'm confused myself. I'll pm you one of the pages I was reading. If you have a travel agent though maybe you should ask them to look into it more and see what they can find.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!