Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Dining Reservations...Help!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, I'm a total first timer as you'll see if you read this!! Travelling with hubby, 9 yr old turning 10 while we're there, and 3 yr. old. We're going ...
    teag_98 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Dining Reservations...Help!!

Ok, I'm a total first timer as you'll see if you read this!! Travelling with hubby, 9 yr old turning 10 while we're there, and 3 yr. old. We're going to book our trip tomorrow for the end of June...I'm so worried about the table service meals! Do I have any hope at this late date of getting a reservation at any of the good restaurants, or am I going to be eating dinner at 10 pm every night?

And how in the world do you plan which park to go to on which day, when you have no idea what restaurants you will be able to get res. with and when!!?

I'm booking with Dreams Unlimited Travel, and they will book the dinner res. for me...once I decide what park to do when, but then I'll have to change all those plans if they can't fit us in on certain days. My only definite is Hoop Dee Doo on my son's bday...

Anyway, sorry for rambling...I'm so excited you have no idea Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If you have park hoppers then it really doesn't matter where you have dinner and which parks you go to that day.

For example- Mike and I love eating at epcot so there were a few times where we'd leave AK or MK and hop over to Epcot to eat and then hop back.

I'd go ahead and get a wish list together of where you'd like to eat and then see what's open for which days and times and go from there.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

We do have Park Hopper, and we plan to head back to the hotel around 1 most days, so we could def. do that. I just wasn't sure how easy it is to get from place to place, time wise.
    Thanks so much!

I would definitely plan your days for which parks you want to go to first and then give alternate options to your travel agent if they cannot get you into your first choice for a meal.

Another thing I would suggest is to be flexible...if you cannot get it to the restaurant of your choice for dinner, have them try booking a lunch! Then you can just do a counter service for dinner time.

Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by teag_98 View Post
    We do have Park Hopper, and we plan to head back to the hotel around 1 most days, so we could def. do that. I just wasn't sure how easy it is to get from place to place, time wise.
    Thanks so much!
    If you are staying on property it is very easy to get around with Disney Transportation!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Here's how I generally start planning my trip:
    1) Determine how many days you want to spend at each park
    2) Consult the crowd calendar at touringplans.com for the "best days" for each park
    3) Use that as a general guide for which park on which day
    4) Rearrange those days based on how many days for each park and whether or not you want to do extra magic hours
    5) Determine what restaurants I want to eat in at each of the parks
    6) Call 1-407-WDW-DINE to book all of the reservations
    7) Make any rearrangements necessary due to being unable to book a first choice restaurant.

As for your first question, yes, I think you'll be okay booking for June. That's still about 3 months away. You might not get *every* restaurant, and you might not get the times you want, but you should be okay. Frankly, I would forgo the travel agent and just call 407-WDW-DINE right now, and get the bookings taken care of. You can *always* change or cancel dining reservations if you change your mind later. Much better to cancel one you don't need than not being able to get one you want because you waited an extra couple of weeks.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Another thing to think of if you are stay on propery is Extra Magic Hours. You can plan your days to take advantage of them, or to avoid them. Here is a thread with some good tips on them.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...15974-emh.html

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just finished booking my reservations for mid June last week. I booked a few at my 180 day window (Chef Mickey being one of them). The ones I made last week were for the Playhouse Disney breakfast, the sit down Mexican restaurant, and Liberty Tree Tavern at decent times. We like to eat early so the reservations for dinner were all around 5:30. The only place I couldn't get into was LeCellier.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I usually book about 1 week to 1 day out and just go to guest services and ask what they have at a certain park at a given time and there is almost always something, just depending on how picky you are about specific restaurants. We got Coral Reef and Trails end the day of last trip. So three months out you should be able to get most things if you are flexible on time. Also, if you do early dinners (as opposed to super late) there are more openings (4-5 instead of 6-8) and you can have a late breakfast/early lunch and save a meal a day.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Does Hoop De Doo do anything special for birthday? It might be something to find out while you're there so that it's sooo special for his birthday!

My DH says he hates scheduling lunch / supper months ahead. I disagree of course. One thing we're going to do though is book Coral Reef Restaurant to be there when he dives with Dive Quest in the Disney aquarium. I would LOVE THAT! It'll be a surprise when he swims by and sees us in the window waiting for him (they usually finish up right after they swim by the window). I'll leave word for him to meet us at the restaurant. Also, I hate seafood so I'm hoping that they have other food too. Would they let me pick something off the kids menu?

How far in advance should you book the dinner or breakfast with Cinderella?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Book any reservations you KNOW you want, 180 days in advance when they let you!!! Some of them will fill up 180 days out.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Actually we're wondering about Hoop Dee Doo for his bday...maybe he would get more attention at Whispering Canyon, since HDD is so popular and it's more of a show? Any thought anyone?

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002 View Post
    My DH says he hates scheduling lunch / supper months ahead. I disagree of course. One thing we're going to do though is book Coral Reef Restaurant to be there when he dives with Dive Quest in the Disney aquarium. I would LOVE THAT! It'll be a surprise when he swims by and sees us in the window waiting for him (they usually finish up right after they swim by the window). I'll leave word for him to meet us at the restaurant. Also, I hate seafood so I'm hoping that they have other food too. Would they let me pick something off the kids menu?
    That's awesome! They do have several non-seafood items on the menu including steak, chicken and pork. The kids meals were well worth the money for the little ones, but I don't think they'll let you order one to eat there.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast