Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Help with Hotel Booking in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, I'm heading down to WDW September 18-26. We're planning to stay at Caribbean Beach , but we're unable to actually book the room until next month (due to ...
    Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Help with Hotel Booking

Hey everyone, I'm heading down to WDW September 18-26. We're planning to stay at Caribbean Beach, but we're unable to actually book the room until next month (due to money reasons). Will I be in danger of not being able to get a room? Thanks.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You would only need to pay a deposit right now, the trip would have to paid in full 45 days prior to check-in. Maybe you can swing the deposit right now and make sure you have the room reserved?

Maybe I can. I'll see what can be done right now to have that room locked in.

They will then send you a monthly statement and if you want, you can make payments towards your vacation so it isn't all at once. Good luck!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Book a room only reservation, not a package. That way:
    * Your deposit is only one-night's room rate, not $200.
    * Your payment in full can be paid when you check-in, not 45 days out.

Oh that is a good tip, I guess they won't have a problem adding on dining or park hoppers at check-in.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think you have to add the dining plan before check-in. Also, there are discounted tickets out there. We plan on using undercover tourist to save quite a bit. A co-worker of mine just used them and it worked out great.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Oh that is a good tip, I guess they won't have a problem adding on dining or park hoppers at check-in.
    Hang on now, I didn't say that. You canNOT add dining at check in. If you want the Disney Dining Plan, you HAVE to book a room + tickets package (or the brand new Annual Passholder package, that doesn't come with tickets) That wasn't part of the original question, and so I didn't take it into consideration.

I *think* you can convert a room-only reservation to a package reservation, but I really don't know. I've never tried to do it.

Park hopper, however, can be added at any time before the 14th day after your tickets were first used.

Thanks for clearing that up.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hey there,

It is not a bad idea at all to book a room only reservation; however you cannot convert a room only into a package (well - at least you haven't been able to; who knows as they upgrade their systems).

Currently, if you are booking a room only in mid Sept, you would be paying almost $170 for the deposit. If you are truly planning on doing a package, I would suggest simply placing the package that you want on "hold" for 14 days (that is the max hold time for reservations). By then, you may simply have the $200 for the deposit and you will not need to go back and have it switched over.

I would recommend booking as soon as you are able. Generally, September has been known as a slower month; however should Disney decide to drop Free Dining again this year, those values and moderate resorts get picked up quickly.

FYI: Last year, Disney dropped free Dining in April for September bookings.

I hope that helps.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi Spyne,

I'm going at about the same time in September. Who knows, maybe we will pass each other when we are waiting to get on Space Mountain. LOL.

Anyway, to maybe help answer your question from my personal experience, call either Disney or a travel agent now and at least get a courtsey reservation for your room and/or vacation package. I think they give two weeks that they will hold the reservation before they want a deposit. But if you can afford it right now, put the deposit down.

I am using a travel agent that specializes in WDW travel. Usually, I would go ahead and do my own booking. However, as was stated by SuzyQ, historically Disney announces in April the "Free Dining Plan" for September vacations. Rembember, this is not a promise that Disney will do the discount or not. I figure the travel agent will have an easier time getting through to Disney to change my reservation then I will.

Also, you probably will want to start thinking about your dining reservations and making them NOW! Another advantage to using a travel agent, she makes my initial reservations. If I want to change them, then I will have to do it, but she made them for me. MMMMM, Le Celier here I come!

Finally, in terms of $$$, I am a firm believer in having use of my money until I need to spend it. I have only paid for my deposit on my vacation package right now and have purchased my air fare. (I got it before the rates went sky rocketing. As of today, I saved $200!) The rest of the money is in a savings account with my bank. It's earning interest, but, hey maybe it will pay for a couple of souviners.

Hope to see you in September!!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and tips. You've all been very helpful!