Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Need Disneyland Paris Help in the Vacation Planning forums; OK, I'm planning on going with my Disney Fanatic wife to Disneyland Paris in about 2 1/2 years. I'm planning on making this a two week trip, where we go ...
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Need Disneyland Paris Help

OK, I'm planning on going with my Disney Fanatic wife to Disneyland Paris in about 2 1/2 years.

I'm planning on making this a two week trip, where we go to Disneyland Paris for up to a week, then go to London for a week after. We want to experience both Disneyland Paris and go into town to visit the city as well in that week. So, my question is, how many days should I plan on to visit Disneyland Paris in order to really experience it? Could I do both parks over two days? Should I plan on four days in order to really experience DLP and not feel rushed? I am planning on going in September, but can change if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks all!!!!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey, you may want to get in touch with mini-V. She just came back from Disneyland Paris a week or to ago. Here is the link to her trip report:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...rt-mini-v.html

Also, I recently saw a new program Disney offers, called Adventures By Disney. They actually have a package to Paris and London thru Mouse Fan Travel(mousefantravel.com)

Cities of Knights & Lights - London/Paris [More...]
    Adventures by Disney - London, Paris, Versailles [Request a Quote]

Louvre
    8 Days – 7 Nights:

London, Paris, Versailles

Introduce your family to the joys of London. Visit Buckingham Palace and tour the Tower of London. See “The Lion King” show. Then, savor the charms of Paris, with a scavenger hunt in the Louvre, a bicycle ride through Versailles and lunch in the Eiffel Tower.

2008 Adventure Travel Dates:

Value Season
    Apr 18 - Apr 25
    May 02 - May 09
    May 09 - May 16
    Aug 29 - Sep 05
    Sep 05 - Sep 12
    Sep 12 - Sep 19
    Sep 19 - Sep 26*
    Sep 25 - Oct 02
    Dec 20 - Dec 27

It sounded interesting. I know you wanted to go for two weeks but maybe that would be interesting to have a guided tour for the first week and then be able to go it alone the next week and visit DisneyLand Paris.

My true advice for you would be to get in touch with a certified Disney Travel agent because they should be able to talk to you and your plans and how long would be an adequate amount of time to visit the Park and bask in the amazing beauty of Europe!!!

Good Luck!!!
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Danielle.

I was going to talk with my travel agent, but I was also trying to get a general idea for now. mini-V's report is fantastic. Only thing, sounds like she has been there before and this is a first time for me. I definately got ideas from her report.

Thanks again!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Hi! Yes, this was our second trip, but it really depends on how much you've visited other Disney parks and what types of things you like to do.
    This may sound really crazy, but I'd opt to fly to London, spend a few days here, and then take Eurostar right to Disneyland Paris - Marne La Val Ches, and return on Eurostar to London to depart for home. If you arrive in London, you can get your body time acclimated to European time before trying to spend long hours in an amusement park. And the 2 hour train ride to France will give you a recharge after spending time checking out London.

We found our 4 days were more than adequate to take in everything. In fact, if you'd been reading my trip report, you'll see that we did some rides numerous times because there weren't as many rides that we were interested in experiencing. There are a few rides that are different from WDW - POTC, Space Mt. and Phantom Manor/Haunted Mansion. You can do a preliminary comparison to know how much you'll need to see.There were some rides that are a little too "exciting" for us, so that eliminated a few.

We went our first time in Sept/Oct 2005. I can only hope the weather will be better for you. It didn't just rain, it POURED for 3 straight days.

We got to DLP early in the day and left late on our last day. That gave us 4 full days to play. IM me if you have any specific questions I can try to answer.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My son is going to Disneyland Paris at the end of May with his school. I'll get some information about it then.

adam_goodger is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland Paris is my local, it's about 500 miles or so including crossing the channel. I have been close to 30 times now and I love it. Firstly, it isn't anywhere near on the scale of Disney World but could be comparable to the size of Disneyland. If you were looking for a more leisurely then I would bank on 2 days for Disneyland Parka and a day for the Disney Studios. The Studios isn't developed enough yet to need more than that. The two parks are very close together, You can walk from one entrance to the other in about 10 minutes. Disney Village has some really nice restaurants and Buffalo Bills Wild West Dinner Show is well worth a trip one evening.

If you are planning on visiting Paris too it is easily reachable via the resorts own Train station and subway station. You will probably be able to fill a good couple of days in Paris as well as the town near to Disney Land, Marne La Vallee. It has a new shopping centre and a big Sea Life Centre.

Hope that was of some use

Hope this