Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice)

Voters
55. This poll is closed
  • Backyard BBQ

5 9.09%
  • Spirit of Aloha

20 36.36%
  • Hoop-de-do Revenue

35 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice) in the Vacation Planning forums; Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice) You can elaborate on your choices next to the choices below: Backyard BBQ Spirit of Aloha Hoop de Do Revenue...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice)

Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice)

You can elaborate on your choices next to the choices below:

Backyard BBQ

Spirit of Aloha

Hoop de Do Revenue
    Last edited by Kellie19891992; 03-30-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Backyard BBQ was fun because i like the country music part of it and the line dancing

Spirit of Aloha was cool because i don't know if i will ever get to Hawaii to see a real luau

Hoop de Do Revenue just did this the first time two years ago with the kids it was alot of fun just to watch their faces to all the singing, dancing and the antics

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I haven't been to any of these. How does their food offerings rate?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Spirit of Aloha: Because I love polynesian food and entertainment
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Food at the:

Backyard BBQ has ribs and bbq chicken and picnic types of items watermelon etc. it was good

Aloha show had like coconut sweet bread and i can't remember the other stuff

Hop=de-do revenue was similiar to Mickey's backyard bbq
    Last edited by Kellie19891992; 03-30-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: hit post by accident

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I would go to the Spirit of Aloha, it reminds me of my time living in Hawaii.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Spirit of Aloha show wasn't all that great. Food was awesome!!!! Coconut bread mmmmm!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I love coconut bread!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I love the Hoop-de-doo Revue. My fav show down there. I love the time period that it portrays. And the comedy is hilarious. I was very fond of the girl that would, as she constantly said "crack myself up." Of course, I was very similar to that. But as far as the food, I love barbeque and corn and salad. So right there my night is always made. The whole thing put together is amazing in my eyes. Only problem is i gorge and eat way too much.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Hoop De Doo!!! I love that place and the food!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I voted for Hoop-Dee-Do and the reason is... because I've never done it and have always wanted to. It's one of those things I keep forgetting about when I make ADRs. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Well havent done any of them yet but I have ADR's for HOOP in Sept.
    My reasons for choosing HOOP over the others.......

Mickey's BBQ---no assigned seating, having to get there ridiculously early to be able to get a good seat close to where the kids could join the characters on the floor. And that brings up another thing, kids arent gonna want to sit down and eat they are going to want to play and run around. Paying that kind of money to eat, you better eat. And even tho it is under a pavillion, it is still outdoors--AKA-BUGS! HEAT! Food doesnt sound exceptionally special, kind of like back yard picnic stuff you can have at home. Ice cream bars for dessert?????????

Spirit of Aloha--As much as I like the style of food and entertainment. We have done OHANA and want to try some other cuisines. Plus we got the outside type thing going again.

Hoop de Doo--- Cons...comfort type food..eehh, noisy, if not on 1st tier you dont get picked on during the show. Pros.....better variety food then BBQ, if not on 1st tier you dont get picked on during the show (LOL), indoors, assigned seating, comedy show.
    And it is the longest running dinner show in the country (supposedly) and you have to do it once just to say you did. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I absolutely love Hoop De Doo. The food is good and the show is great. However, I sat on the upper deck, and they still managed to pick on me. Great memories with my family there. The family picture is priceless as my then 5 year old son fell asleep on the ride to the show, when we were ready for the pre-show pix, I told him to wake up and smile and he just sat up and smiled, but still asleep with his eyes closed. It made for a great oicture and memory. Priceless photo!!!
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Robuclafan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The only one we have done is the Hoop Dee Doo. We just love it. We have been up in the balcony and on the floor and got pick on both times.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Which dinner show would you choose and why? (Mulitiple Choice)

Spirit of Aloha is my favorite out of all of them when we went we got front row seats right in the middle so it was really cool
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast