Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss When should I book?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everybody, My wife and I are planning on taking our young daughters back for their second trips to the World. The current plan is to go the week after ...
    Matt OC is offline A-Ticket holder

When should I book??

Hey everybody,

My wife and I are planning on taking our young daughters back for their second trips to the World. The current plan is to go the week after Thanksgiving. My question is when should I book my trip?? Is there a time of year when I am likely to get better deals than others. We are going to stay at one of the moderate resorts. Does anyone have a recomendation?? We stayed at POFQ last July and loved it, but want to try a different one this time. Thanks guys. I love this site and hope to spend much more time here.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think you should book as soon as you have the dates set. You can always apply various dicount codes to your reservations. Keep an eye out for mousesavers.com. The only places that may be tough to book for that time frame are some of the DVC resorts, but since you are looking at moderates I can't comment since I haven't stayed in one.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    We are staying at the Carribean Beach which a coworker loved staying at. Are you planning on going going to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? At the Grand Floridan and the Yacht and Beach club they have awesome gingerbread displays. We went two years ago the week after turkey day and the parks were beautiful with the decorations. The only thing is that they close earlier because of the time of year.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I agree with Amanda. If you have the dates figured out, go ahead and book it. You can always change your reservations if a better deal comes out. You can check the websites or you can book through a Travel Agent that specializes in Disney World. These guys will look for the discounts for you and do all the dirty work to get it changed.

Some good Disney Agencies are:
    www.kingdomkonsultants.com or 1-866-KONSULT
    www.mouseearvacations.com or 1-800-866-8601
    www.wdwvacations.com (Small World Vacations)

You can be fairly certain that there will be some discounts during your stay. The thing that you can't be sure of is if your particular resort will be discounted. Sometimes when Disney offers discounts they only apply them to select resorts.

Hope this helps.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Matt OC is offline A-Ticket holder
    thanks for all of your help.