Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss We are going sep 17-22, how are the crowds? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going down in septemeber. I have heard that it is not as crowded during this time. Anyone been during this time?...
    mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

We are going sep 17-22, how are the crowds?

We are going down in septemeber. I have heard that it is not as crowded during this time. Anyone been during this time?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymatt View Post
    We are going down in septemeber. I have heard that it is not as crowded during this time. Anyone been during this time?
    Not sure but I think this may be during "Free Dining", that in itself will increase the crowds, but overall because most kids are in school, it shouldn't be to bad.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Crowds in September are lower than say June/July/August but still fairly high comparatively. It's not a "dead" time but it's certainly not peak crowds since most schools in the US have gone back into session.

It is however HOT that time of year. Lots of folks think the heat has dissipated by then but it's really not until late November that it starts to cool off in Central Florida so be sure to plan for summer weather and not be fooled into think it's "fall". LOL!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 04-21-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the info.
    Can we use an unused base ticket for entry into the water parks?

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymatt View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Can we use an unused base ticket for entry into the water parks?
    Unfortunately you can not use a base ticket to get into the Water Parks. Your tickets have to have the Water Park Fun and More option on them in order to use them at the Water Parks. Otherwise you can just purchase a ticket at the gate of the Water Park.

One additional tip for that time period. Because of the Free dining you will want to make your dining reservations ASAP. The dining gets completely booked up.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by BethD View Post
    Unfortunately you can not use a base ticket to get into the Water Parks. Your tickets have to have the Water Park Fun and More option on them in order to use them at the Water Parks. Otherwise you can just purchase a ticket at the gate of the Water Park.
    I believe you can also add that option after the fact if you wanted.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i went sept 12 to sept 21 07 and had the dinning plan and it wasnt crowded at all, longest wait was at potc and was probabally 15 min at most

WindyLea is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow - thats good to hear! We are going the 1st week of Sept for the Night of Joy, and I assumed during free dining it would be packed!!!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    You're confusing Cause and Effect. :-)

Disney offers Free Dining during times when they know the crowds are going to be very light. So when you see a Free Dining promotion, that's your cue that Disney believes there will NOT be heavy crowds.

... Restaurants, however, will be insanely crowded.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We always go in late August through September and the parks are much quieter so it's easier to get on all the rides and the days are nowhere near as tiring. Also, it's fun to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and I think they start September 5th this year.

Enjoy!