Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Package in the Vacation Planning forums; I know it's a couple months away but I need some tips. We are going to Disney in April '09 and for Christmas I'm doing a Disney theme. I know ...
    dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney Package

I know it's a couple months away but I need some tips. We are going to Disney in April '09 and for Christmas I'm doing a Disney theme. I know I want to get my daughter an autograph book and a Disney World coloring book for the plane. But dose anyone have any other ideas or what have you done prior to trips for your kids?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    You didn't mention your daughter's age, but how about some Disney storybooks; especially ones dealing with characters that she can expect to see? Also, Disney music she can play on whatever electronic device she can handle. Check the Disney family fun site as well. They have some printouts that you can put together.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I'd need the age to suggest more detailed stuff but in general and like Mini-V said, listen to the soundtracks, read books with characters and to add one---watch some movies. I would hold off the auto book till closer to time. Maybe that could be something to give her on the plane (I tend to lose things in my house if I get them too far in advance...LOL) Plus this way it stays nice to go.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

She will be turning 4 a month after Christmas

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I made a disney colouring book for my DD (aged 2) with colouring pages off of the disney website. That way she saw familiar characters. I had some Disney CD's playing in the car and she also watched some of the movies (the less scarier ones). She has an old set of Disney books that my DH had when he was a kid, so we read those to her as well. I also showed her the Disney planning video to prep her for the height of the characters especially Mickey and Minnie who are exceptionally large mice in the eyes of a preschooler/toddler.
    We waited to get an autograph book until we got there, but I searched for some fat pens (next time it will be crayons) for the characters with thick gloves. This way they can grip the pen easily. (I have heard that the fat pens in WDW are not as reliable as ones bought closer to home, so I suggest that you get some before you go).
    Hope this helps!
    minniesmh

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Some very good DVD's to get the kids excited are the Disney's Sing Along Songs ones that take place in the parks & resorts:
    Beach Party at Walt Disney World: Amazon.com: Disney's Sing Along Songs - Beach Party at Walt Disney World: Mika Boorem, Caitlin Wachs, Toby Scott Ganger, Tiffany Burton: Music
    Campout at Walt Disney World: Amazon.com: Sing Along Songs - Campout at Walt Disney World: Sing Along Songs: Movies & TV
    Flik's Musical Adventure (not sure if this is only on VHS or not)
    Disneyland Fun: Amazon.com: Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun: Corey Burton, Jim Cummings, Charles Fleischer, Russi Taylor, Wayne Allwine, Tony Anselmo, Bill Farmer: Music

Also, you might check out GoodyPak.com They are a sponsor of MagicMeets, and they sell personalized backpacks and bags of things for your Disney trip. They have some great products and great ideas.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks guys! Some really great tips. I got the Disney Parks videos and we have been watching those. I think I'm going to put a goody bag together that she can open the night before we leave that has the autograph book and Disney World coloring book. I got another idea from watching "Jon and Kate + 8" they had Mickey ears waiting for the kids in their room with their names on them. I think I'm going to do that for my DD.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    At that age, we gave our DD a Leapster (now an LMAX) and there are Disney cartridges, she took it on the plane to the bahamas, and in the car to WDW. Also, all of Minni-V and Vixen's tips are great, plus the new google earth 3D stuff to show her exactly where she will be. I started buying up little Disney things at the dollar style stores-stickers, ink pens, small books, anything Disney, to give as rewards in the days prior to the trip and as after park treats to compliment whatever I bought in the park. For the autograph book, make sure you get an oversize pen-easier for the furry characters to handle. My DD got so excited when I started handing out the Disney treats, she kept telling everyone it was almost time to see Mickey. Cute, cute.

I found some party favor style bubbles in little Disney Princess tubes that I packed in our daily bag so she could blow bubbles while waiting in line. It made grumpy people smile and kept her from getting too antsy.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 06-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.