Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss The New AP Resort & Dining Packages in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know anything about the the resort and dining packages (basic or deluxe dining) offered to annual passholders? I'm trying to find out whether or not these packages include ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

The New AP Resort & Dining Packages

Does anyone know anything about the the resort and dining packages (basic or deluxe dining) offered to annual passholders?

I'm trying to find out whether or not these packages include AP discounts on the room portion or if this is simply a package allowing APholders to purchase a room & dining package without buying a 1-night park ticket.

My AP expired yesterday and I have 30 days to renew for the $43 renewal discount and keep my May 25 anniversary date. If this package gives APholders the AP discount on the room portion it might be worth renewing my AP.

Thanks in advance.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    All I know is that it allows AP holders to use the Disney Dining Plan. I didn't ask about the room discount so I can't help you there.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, you can get the room discount and then add the dining plan. I did this for my trip in May. You pay the regular price for the dining plan ($37.99 adult, $9.99 age 3-9) or the Deluxe Dining plan, but you can get your room at the AP discount rate.

The one difference is that your reservation then becomes a "Package" with the same reservation rules as a Magic Your Way package - $200 deposit, balance due 45 days in advance, $100 penalty if canceled 45 - 6 days before, $200 if canceled 5 or less days, etc. If you're used to the room-only reservations (pay for 1 night on booking, balance at check-in, cancel up to the 6th day prior with no penalty), this is important to know.

MouseSavers lists there is a current Summer AP+Dining package with discounted room rates available for stays 5/26/08 - 8/2/08. MouseSavers.com - Disney World Vacation Package Discount - DisneyWorld Packages
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page