Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney at Christmas question in the Vacation Planning forums; I am trying to figure out a good time to go to Disney during the Christmas season. I am leaning on going December 1-5 because of the low rates. Does ...
    DisneyDreamer08 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney at Christmas question

I am trying to figure out a good time to go to Disney during the Christmas season. I am leaning on going December 1-5 because of the low rates. Does anyone know if the parks are busy during this time?
    Or does anyone have any planning advice. It is only my boyfriend and myself going and he has never been to Disney and I want to make it a great experience for him. Especially since he does not like large crowds.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We went that time in 2006 and the only really packed times where at the Christmas Party and the Osborne lights in DHS. We loved the decorations! Hope you both have fun!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    btw, WELCOME to DWT!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I went to Disney last year from December 8-15, and the crowds were the lightest I've ever seen. The longest line I had to wait in was 25 minutes for Soarin. I didn't even see any lines longer than that for the entire trip. It was absolutely perfect. I'm going back this year on December 6 and hopefully it will be just as pleasant as last year.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    There is a thread similar to this here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...as-disney.html.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Yeah, the crowds are generally low at that time of year. The Christmas Party it great too if you want to look into that, this is around the time we usually go to that and even that isn't usually very crowded! The Osborne Family Lights at DHS are really awesome so you should give that a try!

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder
    My parents, sister, husband & myself are all going the first week of December. We are going to MVMCP on a Tues but heard that there is a definite order to follow for the evening so no shows,etc overlap. Does anyone know what this order is? Any info would be appreciated! Can't wait!
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    each of the shows and parades happens multiple times, so you can go in any order you like.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've been to WDW twice in Dec.: 2004-Dec. 3-6 and 2005-Dec. 10-13. Attendance was about the same both weeks - extremely managable!

I believe Value Season runs from the end of Thanksgiving weekend to about Dec. 19 so you should have good rates the first couple of weeks of Dec.

Oh, my, December is a wonderful time for a first trip to The World. Have a magical trip!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer08 View Post
    I am trying to figure out a good time to go to Disney during the Christmas season. I am leaning on going December 1-5 because of the low rates. Does anyone know if the parks are busy during this time?
    Or does anyone have any planning advice. It is only my boyfriend and myself going and he has never been to Disney and I want to make it a great experience for him. Especially since he does not like large crowds.
    Parks are usually not busy at this time. They get busy a week before Christmas through about January 10th.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I haven't been in the exact week that you're going, but I've been during the week after, and the crowds were very light. I enjoyed that trip a lot. I think that when you're looking at will be a good time to go with someone who isn't a fan of crowds.

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I felt that they were pretty good lines during our trip last year (dec8-15), the only busy times were when the EMH were on especially at DHS the lineup for RNRC was at least 2 hours long! But other than that I felt they were good. Use the fastpasses!!
    minniesmh

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    We've been a couple of times during X-Mas and the time you are looking at is the best time. We've also gone the week before, and left on X-Mas day (Yikes!!). Got to see Osborn and the Candlelight Processional. The MVCP is totally cool as well. Man, I wish I was going !!!