Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Spending money! in the Vacation Planning forums; How much spending money does everyone take with them? I seem to remember taking enough for $50 a day the last time I went but I don't know if that's ...
    sammy_jane is offline A-Ticket holder

Spending money!

How much spending money does everyone take with them? I seem to remember taking enough for $50 a day the last time I went but I don't know if that's enough. If it helps I'm only taking enough money for me (23 year old female) and it needs to cover meals, money towards parking and petrol and shopping!

x
    Samantha

I usually try to take $100 per day but then again I like to shop.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Depends on where you plan on eating and what you are buying as well as how many waters a day you need. Go to Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World to read the restaurant menus with prices, so you know your daily food expebditure, then allow x dollars for shopping, x dollars for gas (many mileage and gas use charts on the web) and a snack allowance, that will give you a close approximation of what you need.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I take a Visa or Mastercard and hand it over every time I want something... then regret it the next month. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is a hard question, because everyone has their own wants (and needs.) You can plan on dining by looking at the menus on the website Keasmom says.

Gas prices (or as you said "petrol") is hard to tell. The prices just keep going up and up. Try googling "Orlando, FL gas prices" and see what comes up.

I would add a bit extra for an "emergency" of some sort. For example, you forget something at home and need to buy it at the resort or if you have a car you can go to the local Wal-Mart. This is the situation I had, we decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon to go swimming. I thought my wife, Belle, had packed both of our swim shoes so we wouldn't burn the soles of our feet. Well, she packed both of her pairs and not mine. It was an honest mistake. I tried to take the hot concrete, but I just could not take it. So, I broke down and paid $15 or so on shoes that say "Walt Disney World." At least I know for this trip to grab those shoes!

If you are staying off site, you may want to figure in the parking fee for your car at the parks. If you are staying on property, you don't need to pay for parking at the parks.

When Belle and I go, I try to figure on $100/day for food for the both of us. We also add a little extra for a special meal. We also have an idea for souvenirs that we want, so we try to save that up ahead of time. Since we now stay at the moderate resorts, there is a refrig in the room. We like to go to the gift shop and buy milk, soda, and bottled water.

Hope this is of some assistance. Good luck and have a safe trip!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

We usually budget about $100 a day, but that doesn't include food, gas, parking or any other extras, it is strictly for souvenirs. Some days we spend more and some days we spend a little less, but usually it works out to be around $100 a day and that with two little boys. The do take some of their own spending money as well.