Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss 2009 Ticket Prices in the Vacation Planning forums; So today I decided I needed to get my order in for the tickets for January before the 2009 packages are released next month and the prices go up (they ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Lightbulb 2009 Ticket Prices

So today I decided I needed to get my order in for the tickets for January before the 2009 packages are released next month and the prices go up (they always go up).

But it got me to thinking... it would be REALLY smart of Disney to actually lower their ticket prices. With gas prices the way they are and the overall economy the way it is, Disney has got to already be seeing a decline at least in out-of-state, in-country guests. I'd think dropping ticket prices a bit would certainly get them more in the long run.

Anyone have the inside scoop or want to share their thoughts around this?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I agree, but I don't see it happening Anyone know when the 2009 packages can be booked?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sometime in August as I understand it. That's usually about when they come out.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

JGrau is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that you can book your package at any time, but that the price of the package won't be set until they release the 2009 prices sometime in August. You can always call Disney, in fact they encourage it, to make a reservation especially if you are going during a peak season in 2009. By making a reservation before prices are released, you basically put your name down for a room at the resort you would like to stay at so that you have a room at your desired resort. Then you a put down a holding deposit, and Disney adjusts your final bill at a later date. I suppose then you can make ADR's if the time is right as well.
    That is how I understand it.
    See ya at the start line in '08

Quote Originally Posted by JGrau View Post
    I think that you can book your package at any time, but that the price of the package won't be set until they release the 2009 prices sometime in August. You can always call Disney, in fact they encourage it, to make a reservation especially if you are going during a peak season in 2009. By making a reservation before prices are released, you basically put your name down for a room at the resort you would like to stay at so that you have a room at your desired resort. Then you a put down a holding deposit, and Disney adjusts your final bill at a later date. I suppose then you can make ADR's if the time is right as well.
    That is how I understand it.
    Actually I don't believe that's correct. You can't book "packages" for 2009 yet, just make room reservations and buy tickets separately. Additionally Disney does not automatically modify your final bill unless you call to specifically request it after finding out prices have changed. Also, ADRs can't be made until 180 days out.

BamaMom is offline A-Ticket holder

Reservations

When we tried to make reservations for March we were told by a Disney representative that we could not do it yet because the 2009 rates were not out yet. However, Lou had just answered a question about this on his podcast. So we hung up and tried again. We could book a room but were told to call back to get the package. We were told to try in late June but that was obviously not correct. So I would keep checking the websites because it sounds like the packages will be released soon.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I agree that they should lower the prices to draw in more people, but that's not going to guarantee them that they'll be making enough money to break even (although I personally think they're way ahead and shouldn't worry about it too much.) Instead, they're going to cut corners as usual, raise ticket prices because they know they're going to lose people to high gas prices, and those that still make it down here would probably not turn around if they had to spend an extra 5 or 10 bucks to get in. Disney's got you hooked from your first visit, it's like an addiction that you cannot get rid of, and they know it and have you hooked and will keep drawing you back in and keep raising prices but you wouldn't mind because you want another hit of their pixie dust.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    It would be nice to see a price freeze, just a year without an increase would make a few people smile.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been thinking about buying an ap before Aug for that reason. I keep wondering if they are going to offer some good prices to draw people in.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    as long as they keep doing the free dinning ill be happy

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    So I guess I have a silly question...if I buy my park tickets at The Disney Store now, can I still pay 2008 prices and of course, not activate them at the park until 2009?
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

cindybelle86 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation

I received the following from another website newsletter that I belong to:

Disney World Ticket Prices Rumored to Go UP on Sunday!

There is a strong rumor that Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 3. If you were planning to buy tickets, now is the time! (Walt Disney World tickets can be purchased in advance, because unused tickets are valid forever.)

I wanted to pass this along, just incase no one else heard about it.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    So I guess I have a silly question...if I buy my park tickets at The Disney Store now, can I still pay 2008 prices and of course, not activate them at the park until 2009?
    Yep! I just bought my tickets and won't be using them until January. Ultimately their expiration doesn't start until you use 'em.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    For our January trip I was able to book our week at All Star Music because we wanted a family suite. We still haven't been able to book our regular room at the Contemporary because they haven't opened up regular rooms for booking yet. our travel agent told us that they allow you to book premium rooms (concierge, suites, etc) in advance of the prices being set with the understanding that the prices will change, but they don't allow this with regular rooms.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    we found it was cheaper to get two adjoining rooms rather than the family suite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast