Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Bride - Sunset Point in the Vacation Planning forums; Wedding Facts Date: March 3, 2009 Location: Disney's Sunset Point - at the Polynesian Reosrt Honeymoon: 1st portion at Disney's Polynesian Resort in the honeymoon suite! March 2-6th (yes, I ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Disney Bride - Sunset Point

Wedding Facts
    Date: March 3, 2009
    Honeymoon: 1st portion at Disney's Polynesian Resort in the honeymoon suite! March 2-6th (yes, I realize the honeymoon is starting a day before the actual wedding!) 2nd Portion at the Disneyland Hotel March 6th-10th.
    Registries: Disney's Honeymoon Registry
    search for march 3, 2009 or for my last name: semrad
    or we want a few giftcards from: Wedding Flower Preservation Gift Cards - Give the Perfect Keepsake for That Perfect Day
    keepsakefloral.com just so our flowers will stay forever!

Hopefully Natalie doesn't mind another bride thread, but I figured I'd start it quickly...

Engagement Story
    (Copy and Pasted from my Celebration Thread)

Yesterday was perfect. I worked all day doing assessments at work. Ryan got ERed early from work. Well, it was a weird day as I noticed:

a) a lot of people grinning at me for no reason
    b) the words "tonight better be good" told to me
    c) your not extending tonight, also being said to me.

I knew Ryan was planning on proposing sometime soon. I just wasn't sure when.

Anyway, he picked me up from work since we carpooled that morning, and he walked me to the car, opened the door, and he had red roses for me waiting on the passenger seat!

After that, I figured it was going to be a great night. He took me home where I could shower and change. I just threw on shorts and a t-shirt, as I wanted to be comfortable because its been raining a LOT lately.

We headed out to our dinner reservations. We had a 6:50 dinner reservation at Narcoossee's. We left my place at 5:30 because I was hungry and wanted a snack from Captain Cook's at the Polynesian before dinner. (Polynesian chips! I love them!) We ordered or snack, and took our snack out to the beach to eat. It started to rain a little bit, but Ryan took me over to a swing on the beach and we were swinging for a bit.

I noticed he kept eyeing, sunset point where we wanted to get married. However, there was a woman up on sunset point with a stroller. As soon as she left, he jumped up, grabbed my hand, and said, "let's take a walk." He led me directly to sunset point.

I knew he was going to propose, so I did the typical girl thing and started to cry. He told me that he is thankful every day that I called off my last wedding, and that I am his. And that this was how everything was supposed to be, and that he was thankful for each and every day I'm in his life. He said a bunch of more stuff, that I don't all remember as I was crying by now, but I do remember bits and pieces, but its probably way too mushy...

and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was raining harder by now, but neither of us cared. I said "mmhmm" as that was the ONLY thing I could get out. Ryan told me it was adorable and then I got my ring!

Side note: I did notice out of the corner of my eye there was a group of guys walking towards the point and they took off running when they saw he was down on one knee! I was laughing so hard later when I realized what it was.

Kisses, hugs, tears, that was the proposal! It was... perfect.

Ryan told me he couldn't wait til after dinner to propose so he proposed before. We then headed to our reservation at the Grand Floridian. We hopped on the monorail and walked in the rain to Narcoossee's.

We were early for our reservation, but they sat us right away. We got a window table! Also, the hostess that sat us, told us we looked insanely happy and asked what we were celebrating. Ryan explained that we got engaged about 20 minutes ago, and she screamed and was so excited for us. It was adorable!

We had crab cakes as an appetizer that we split. Ryan was drinking a Pina Colava and I was drinking a Sky Berry! Our waiter, Amer was AMAZING. He was funny and taught me how to use a knife to defend myself against Ryan (Knives are good for three things, stabbing, throwing, and cutting, according to him!). Also he gave us extra time and was just joking and amusing throughout the night!

We got our meals, (Lamb Loin for Ryan, Surf n Turf for me) and halfway through our meals, he delivered a bottle of champagne to our table. He told us that another guest, wanted to send it over to us! I believe, that's a bit of Disney magic right there!

We stuffed ourselves, but after dinner we split a dessert, strawberry cheesecake. It had "congratulations" frozen on the plate! And a castle on it! It was gorgeous! (and delicious!)

We were waiting for the bill after we ate, and just enjoying each other's company. Our waiter asked us if we wanted anything else, and Ryan just said we'd take the bill, and the waiter said, "don't worry about it. The guest who brought you the champagne paid for your meal. Congratulations! Go enjoy your night." So we have No clue who our "angel" was or if it was just on the house and they just said that, but we were VERY grateful for our dinner!! It was magical... and it was disney magic! Thank you! Thank you!

After dinner, we took the boat back to the Polynesian and had to watch the Electrical Water Pageant on the boat since it had gone out, and we were in its path! Then we got off, and started telling everyone!!

That was July 17th, 2008!

Wedding
    We are getting married at Disney's Sunset Pointe at Disney's Polynesian Resort which is where Ryan proposed! We're getting married March 3, 2009! We signed and mailed the contracts this morning (and im disappointed to report that prices have increased!) However, it was really easy to get the day that we wanted which is great! We are also hopefully booking a portrait session at MK that morning!
    Last edited by MayBWeRMnt2B; 10-20-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    (and im disappointed to report that prices have increased!)
    Haven't there for everything?!?!

Wow Jeanne, March will be here before you know it!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Congratulations Jeanne!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Wow, its great you got the date and location you want, its gonna be time for the wedding so fast!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's awesome Jeanne! Congrats! BF and I have talked about it and I have my heart set on either the Wedding Pavilion at the GF or the gazebo at the Yacht Club. Hopefully I'll get to join you and Natalie here soon!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Haven't there for everything?!?!

Wow Jeanne, March will be here before you know it!
    Yeah Melissa. They now have an option for a "guaranteed" back-up location if it rains. If not, they just stick you wherever... really... i don't care. Just put me somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Congratulations Jeanne!!
    Thanks Tiffany!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Wow, its great you got the date and location you want, its gonna be time for the wedding so fast!
    Thanks! That entire week was actually pretty open... which was interesting... I was surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    That's awesome Jeanne! Congrats! BF and I have talked about it and I have my heart set on either the Wedding Pavilion at the GF or the gazebo at the Yacht Club. Hopefully I'll get to join you and Natalie here soon!
    The Gazebo at the Yacht Club is about 1,000ish cheaper... so uhm... I'd suggest going with that one? But that's just me!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    The Gazebo at the Yacht Club is about 1,000ish cheaper... so uhm... I'd suggest going with that one? But that's just me!
    I like them both. I think we'll be scoping them both out when we go down in December to see if that helps sway us one way or the other (that and I hope I'll be sporting some new bling in December too!)

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Congratulations and Best Wishes, Jeanne What a beautiful engagement story. I wish you and Ryan a long and magical life together.

Also great you got the date you wanted, let's pray no rain March 3, 2009 so you can marry at Sunset Pointe!

Many Blessings!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Wow! It's going to be here before you know it! Let me guess WDW for the honeymoon?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Disney got the contract, so we are waiting for them to contact us with the name of our coordinator!

We also got our MK Portrait Session officially booked.

The photographer (chapman photography) and videography (STVS) that I want are both available. So is Rev. Jack Day! Who I REALLY want to meet!

And my hair woman is also available!

I'm just waiting on for a great flow of cash funds to put some more deposits down!

Ryan's dad is sending us a check to help with some of the deposits, so when we get that later this week, I am going to book photography and videography! It should cover almost all of it! And Rev. Jack Day doesn't need a deposit! I will just book the hair/make-up woman after my paycheck this thursday also, and we should be set up with everything!

I'm making my own invites for March, so I'll probably start shopping around soon!

Other than that, as for honeymoon plans, we are spending the 4 required nights at Walt Disney World, but it looks like if everything goes according to plan and we get the time off, we are going to Disneyland for our honeymoon!!! We hope to leave the friday after our wedding and come back Tuesday! I am waiting to book it though until we for sure have the time off, and they release discounts for then! All we really need is room, as we don't have to worry about theme park admission! Which is definitely nice!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds great! How fun this will be!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This is all wonderful news Jeanne!! Can't wait to hear more!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    It all sounds like its gonna work out perfect Jeanne, i'm so happy for you x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Congratulations Jeanne!
    That all sounds so magical. And you will finally have your happily ever after, the way it was meant to be.

So happy for you!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Well here's a picture of my dress...

thats me in it, in the dressing room! Hee!

And here is the link to the site...

Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

its very simple, but i love it!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast