Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Questions about ATM machines in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone used the ATM Machines in the resorts and the parks? Do they charge crazy fees? If so, how much. I don't want to bring a lot of cash ...
  1. #1
    djrmusic's Avatar
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    87

    Questions about ATM machines

    Has anyone used the ATM Machines in the resorts and the parks? Do they charge crazy fees? If so, how much. I don't want to bring a lot of cash with me. I plan on charging a lot to the room, however if I need cash, I'll use the ATMs. Just want to know if the fees are really 'out-there'!

    Thanks!
    Dave R
    DJRMusic







  2. #2
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    I just looked on my registry to see what the charge was from the ATM I used in Disney (which was over a year ago) and it's strange because I didn't write down the fee charge but I'm sure there was one, I see that there was a $2.00 fee at Universal Studio's so I am thinking that's what it would be, I rarely see it higher then that. Of course if your own bank is tacking on it's own fees then that would be additional. My old bank never did that but this new one does, that reminds me I have to go bank shopping
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  3. #3
    tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    346
    I'm not completely certain, but I believe those ATMs are owned and operated by Sun Trust. You might try looking them up on the internet and maybe giving them a call, maybe someone there could tell you.

    If you will have a car or otherwise be able to leave property, if you can find a Publix supermarket you will most likely also find a Presto machine. Presto ATMs used to advertise that they didn't charge fees. (Years ago the federal government passed a law saying that ATM owners could continue charging fees but the banks hosting the account could not, and so Presto was advertising themselves as the only guaranteed free option for getting cash. Nowadays, Presto says that their fee is $1 for non-members, and free for members. A member is an account holder at any one of over 1500 institutions that they count as partners. You can check out the list at their web site:

    Publix Presto! Q&A

    Even better, look here:

    ATM Locations at Walt Disney World
    Last edited by tizzo; 07-29-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: More info

  4. #4
    Jiminy Cricket's Avatar
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    I'm not completely certain, but I believe those ATMs are owned and operated by Sun Trust. You might try looking them up on the internet and maybe giving them a call, maybe someone there could tell you.

    If you will have a car or otherwise be able to leave property, if you can find a Publix supermarket you will most likely also find a Presto machine. Presto ATMs used to advertise that they didn't charge fees. (Years ago the federal government passed a law saying that ATM owners could continue charging fees but the banks hosting the account could not, and so Presto was advertising themselves as the only guaranteed free option for getting cash. Nowadays, Presto says that their fee is $1 for non-members, and free for members. A member is an account holder at any one of over 1500 institutions that they count as partners. You can check out the list at their web site:

    Publix Presto! Q&A
    Disney uses Bank One (Disney Visa) now, but you can also find a SunTrust one. Here is the offical link: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 07-29-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

    DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

    *Off Property

  5. #5
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    Disney uses Bank One (Disney Visa) now, but you can also find a SunTrust one. Here is the offical link: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .
    Now because I just heard on another podcast that the ATM's were owned by Chase but the Disney link says Bank One. I thought I figured out why I wasn't charged a fee for using the ATM, because I am a Chase customer, but now I'm again.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  6. #6
    WDWtraveler46's Avatar
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    183
    I can't remember, but, I'm thinking maybe what you can try is to buy Disney Dollars from guest services/concierge. Break the Disney Dollars in the parks or at the resorts and you get cash without having to use the ATM. Of course, you will need to use a credit card and can't use your debit card.

    But hey, every $ counts at WDW!!!!

    I did this at Disneyland many times way back when. I didn't want to stop at the ATM at the park and pay the ATM fees.

    Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

    Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

    Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

  7. #7
    mritty's Avatar
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Now because I just heard on another podcast that the ATM's were owned by Chase but the Disney link says Bank One. I thought I figured out why I wasn't charged a fee for using the ATM, because I am a Chase customer, but now I'm again.
    BankOne got merged into Chase several years ago. They're now one and the same.

  8. #8
    mritty's Avatar
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    I can't remember, but, I'm thinking maybe what you can try is to buy Disney Dollars from guest services/concierge. Break the Disney Dollars in the parks or at the resorts and you get cash without having to use the ATM. Of course, you will need to use a credit card and can't use your debit card.
    Hmm. Why do you say you have to use a credit card? I can't remember ever trying to use my debit card to buy Disney Dollars, but at the same time I don't remember anyone telling me I couldn't....

  9. #9
    WDWtraveler46's Avatar
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Hmm. Why do you say you have to use a credit card? I can't remember ever trying to use my debit card to buy Disney Dollars, but at the same time I don't remember anyone telling me I couldn't....
    Use a credit card to buy Disney Dollars. Sorry, maybe I wasn't too clear. I don't think guest services/concierge take debit cards.

    Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

    Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

    Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

  10. #10
    mritty's Avatar
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    Use a credit card to buy Disney Dollars. Sorry, maybe I wasn't too clear. I don't think guest services/concierge take debit cards.
    Right, I'm asking Why are you saying you have to use a credit cad to buy Disney Dollars? You can buy Disney Dollars at pretty much any gift shop at WDW, or at the Disney Store.

  11. #11
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,933
    Well, if you use your Disney Visa, you get reward points in addition. Maybe that is what they meant.


  12. #12
    WDWtraveler46's Avatar
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    183
    It's been a while since I have done it. Things may have changed since then. I am not referring to Disney Store at all. I am referring to just on property.

    Maybe the concierge/guest services now take ATM/debit cards for purchases. But if they did, then there would probably not be a need for the ATM's.

    I was just suggesting a way to get around the ATM fees.

    Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

    Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

    Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •