Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Honeymooning in the Vacation Planning forums; Adam's been asking me to post about this, but since we'll be on our honeymoon in Disney in May/June of next year, we were wondering if there's any type of ...
    StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Disney Honeymooning

Adam's been asking me to post about this, but since we'll be on our honeymoon in Disney in May/June of next year, we were wondering if there's any type of special offerings Disney does and if so, when/who do we let know we're on our honeymoon? CRO when we're making dining reservations? Or front desk upon check-in? One thing that we really liked when we went to Epcot last year was the special seating for nighttime fireworks because of our engagement. We just went to Guest Relations when we got to the park. But is there another way we could get similar "perks"? I guess I'm just confused about the best way to let Disney know we're honeymooning.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

I saw let them know about it the whole time you're there!! We went there on our honeymoon I made sure they knew at the front desk. One night we got back to our room and there was a card there signed by Mickey and Minnie. And make sure you get your "just married" buttons to wear.
    You could always design a shirt on Zazzle or CafePress that has something on it about spending your honeymoon at the happiest place on earth.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Not only should you wear the buttons but some form of bride/groom ears go a loooooong way! Everyone notices much more! Sometimes the buttons get passed up. Be sure to tell every place you are making reservations with and the hotel that it is your honeymoon. We got upgraded to a King size bedroom and closer to the front of the hotel. It was really nice. Plus at dinner they usually bring you a nice dessert. You could always get a free diver to come by your table at Coral Reef. That is what I surprised my DH with since he loves the ocean, fish and sea life. It was great having a diver drop right in front of our booth and hold up a "Happy Honeymoon" sign while they gave us our free dessert..

Oh and be sure to register with the Disney Honeymoon gift card! They are fantastic and even if someone buys you something and you can not find it anywhere or do not have time to do it, you can use that money towards ANYTHING. Food, clothes, souvenieres. Good Luck Natalie!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I heard that if you tell Disney Reservations of your honeymoon, they will make a note of it in the computer and you may get something special.

For instance, back in 2005, we made reservations at Folsom's Crab House. When we called to make the ADR that day, I told them that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. After dinner, we got a card from the staff and a chocolate cake that was excellent.

Ever since then, we always go back to Folsom's.

For our next trip in Sept., I asked our travel agent to place a note on all of our reservations that we are on our second honeymoon/10th anniversary. Also, since my b-day is next month, I asked her to also note that I am celebrating my b-day as well. Disney wants to celebrate with you your happy occasion. They just need to know.

Congrats and have a magical trip!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Well Lori's just answering all my questions today! Haha. You think wearing our wedding attire into AKL to check in would be discreet enough

Does anyone know anything about speciality seating for fireworks? Like the roped off section in Mickey for Fantasmic? Or down on one of the private balconies for Illuminations?
    *Natalie*

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    These all sound like great tips. I don't know about the reserved seating, but I say ask, ask for everything. The most they can say is "no" and you are no further behind, the best they can say is "yes" and then you have a real treat. Ask, ask, ask and se how much you get, get, get. Remember to link us to the registrations, some of your on line buddies may want to help you get off to a fabulous start.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    Well Lori's just answering all my questions today! Haha. You think wearing our wedding attire into AKL to check in would be discreet enough

Does anyone know anything about speciality seating for fireworks? Like the roped off section in Mickey for Fantasmic? Or down on one of the private balconies for Illuminations?

I was wearing my bride ears while DH and I were waiting to watch Illuminations. A cast member who has guarding the roped off section asked if we would like to sit in the VIP section, and we said yes of course. We were talking to the CM for a while and she asked where our Just Married buttons were. We told her we didn't know where to get them so another CM offered to go get them for us, and brought them to us. It was a fantastic night!

Definitely wear the ears, tell them you are on your honeymoon when you make resevations for dinner, when you arrive at the restaraunt, and when you make your hotel reservations. Tell the world!

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

SunnyBunny86 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I got married last week, and we're going to Disneyworld at the end of January for our honeymoon Where should we go to get our newlywed buttons?
    Sunny

"Reality: That annoying thing between Disney trips!"

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey Sunny,

If you are staying at a Disney Resort just let the cast member know when you check in and they will be happy to give them to you.

Great! That will be so much easier than trying track them down myself. Thanks!
    Sunny

Ok, I have another question . Where would you guys recommend dining while we're at Disneyworld? We're wanting to try several new restaurants while we are on our honeymoon, and I wanted to hear where some of your favorite places are to eat.
    Sunny

We like Teppan Edo in Japan soooo much. We're going back on our Honeymoon for sure. Also La Cellier.
    *Natalie*

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Just a hint, don't go over the top askign CMs for perks for being in your honeymoon. You'll get more if you don't ask. of course make sure its in all of your reservations and whatnot, but a BIG part of Disney magic is the unexpected, so lots of times if you ask for it, you won't get as much!

Just enjoy being with each other and spending time at Disney World in the beginning of your life together!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBunny86 View Post
    I got married last week, and we're going to Disneyworld at the end of January for our honeymoon Where should we go to get our newlywed buttons?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    Hey Sunny,

If you are staying at a Disney Resort just let the cast member know when you check in and they will be happy to give them to you.
    You can also get them at any of the parks Guest Relalations.

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Just a hint, don't go over the top askign CMs for perks for being in your honeymoon. You'll get more if you don't ask. of course make sure its in all of your reservations and whatnot, but a BIG part of Disney magic is the unexpected, so lots of times if you ask for it, you won't get as much!

Just enjoy being with each other and spending time at Disney World in the beginning of your life together!
    Very good advice! We didn't ask for one thing and got lots of great attention and special little things that happened to us! Go in expecting nothing and that way you will be happily surprised when the magic happens!

I like that advice Jeanne.
    *Natalie*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast