Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Top Hotel Choice or Park Hopping in the Vacation Planning forums; If you were planning a trip and had a set budget in mind and to stay in that budget you had to choose between: 1) Park Hopper Option or 2) ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Top Hotel Choice or Park Hopping

If you were planning a trip and had a set budget in mind and to stay in that budget you had to choose between:

1) Park Hopper Option

or

2) Better Hotel room

What would you pick?

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    A) park hopper option
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    park hopper

You're never in the room anyways so who cares. Go have fun park hopping!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Park Hopper, pretty much hands down. The only reason I can come up with for choosing the better room would be if you really didn't intend to make the theme parks the focus of your trip, and were dead-set on only doing one park at a time. Then perhaps more of your focus would be on your resort, the amenities provided to you there, and your room.

I look at it as a park hopper gives you options. I know that as a local, a lot of times I just say "I'm going to go to Disney today," hop in the car and start driving west, and then decide sometime along the way which park or parks I'm going to head to. But once I get there... let's say Animal Kingdom for instance, and I get halfway through the day and all of a sudden I'm suddenly feeling Piratey, I can just up and leave and head over to the Magic Kingdom for a plunder through the Caribbean without any concern. The same applies to non-locals with MYW passes for a set number of days. It's always good to have a plan, but if at any point you change your mind, it doesn't hurt to just up and go somewhere else.

Most of us vacationing at WDW don't really spend a huge amount of time at our resorts. And even when we do plan for that down day, or that slow day bumming around the pool, even the value resorts have enough to do to keep you entertained for at least half a day or so. And just because you're not STAYING at a deluxe resort, it doesn't mean that you can't go peruse the savannah at AKL, or grab dinner at Whispering Canyon. All that stuff is still available to you even if you're not staying in a room there.

Yes, if I could afford to stay deluxe, would I? Absolutely. But with money enough for only the park hopper OR the fancier resort... I'll go with the park hopper thank you very much.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Park Hopper No Question! Honestly how much time are you really gonna spend in your hotel room?

What if the better hotel gave you better buses? The hotel difference is between ASMovies and Pop...so it's the buses that would be the perk.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Well so far, I'm the only one picking the better hotel. Our "style" of doing Disney is one park open to close. I can't justify wasting time transfering to a different park during the day. I guess I would rather have a nicer place to come back to at the end of the night and relax (I'm a night owl so I would probably enjoy the hotel's feautures rather than just crashing) over the park hopper because it would be a waste for me personally.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    If I had a choice of Pop to ASMo and concerned of buses- I would go with Pop. But in that case, there isn't a price difference?

But there is through the travel agent. The difference between the two is just about the price of adding Price Hopper to the tickets...hence the trying to make a choice.

But you all gave me some good info. Thanks!

That makes sense!

Now if I had known that, I would have gone with the hotel because of the fact Pop only has one bus while the All Stars share.

I made the decision.... forgot the budget and did BOTH! LOL

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I made the decision.... forgot the budget and did BOTH! LOL
    Smart move!

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes
    Well so far, I'm the only one picking the better hotel. Our "style" of doing Disney is one park open to close. I can't justify wasting time transfering to a different park during the day. I guess I would rather have a nicer place to come back to at the end of the night and relax (I'm a night owl so I would probably enjoy the hotel's feautures rather than just crashing) over the park hopper because it would be a waste for me personally.
    I understand that. I too am USUALLY a one-park, open-to-close kind of person myself. But it's nice to have that option if I DO decide to hop. Also, I look at it that there are 4 parks, and most people vacation for a week or so at a time. So if you go open to close at each park for one day, you're still going to have some days left over for other stuff. Toss in some shopping, swimming, Downtown Disney, etc., and that might fill up your remaining days on vacation... but what if you want to do some more theme park stuff? Perhaps you just did open to close at EPCOT three days ago and now you want to go back just to hit up the E-tickets one last time before you leave tomorrow? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to just get in, ride SSE, Soarin, Test Track, catch lunch in Germany and then take a stroll out the international gateway and catch a boat to Hollywood Studios for the evening or something? I just like the options the park hopper gives you.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Oh good April! It's nice to hear you are finally making a trip back!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Oh good April! It's nice to hear you are finally making a trip back!
    Yup...I'll be there for the Rumble!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast