Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Good time to go? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was planning on going to WDW Dec 18 - 23. Is this a good time to go or should I avoid it like the plague? I have heard both ...
    OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder

Good time to go?

I was planning on going to WDW Dec 18 - 23. Is this a good time to go or should I avoid it like the plague? I have heard both good and bad things. I'm mainly concerned about the crowds because the florida weather doesn't bother me. Thanks for your help!!!
    Last edited by OnlyImagination; 08-11-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    The crowd levels will be high..my advices if you do go is to use the extra magic hours if at all possible

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You might want to call WDW reservations and ask about the lesser crowded days during the Christmas season. If you just want to go see all of the decor, ask what days the decor goes up, and when it comes down and try for lesser attended days. Hope that helps.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    That's when break is for most schools, so it's going to be pretty crowded. Surprisingly the year we went during that time, we actually found it to be more crowded then when we went from 12/25 - 12/31. But that's the obstacle of having school-age kids. You're going to hit the crowds when they are off.

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder
    I called them and they said that it was best to come in the first 2 weeks of December. Thanks a lot!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The beginning days of your trip, will be okay. However, starting around the week before Christmas, things are going to start getting CRAZY!! Not as bad as the time between Christmas and New Years, but you are going to have to deal with some peak season crowds.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives