Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Shipping items to Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone ever shipped items to Disney? We are going 3 weeks from today (yeah) and we wanted to know if we could ship snacks down there and have them ...
    aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Shipping items to Disney

Has anyone ever shipped items to Disney? We are going 3 weeks from today (yeah) and we wanted to know if we could ship snacks down there and have them waiting on us. I know there are 2-3 grocery stores down there that will deliver for about $15/$100 purchased but we have a Fed Ex account and could just add it to that.

Thanks!
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We are going the first week of October and we are shipping down a box to our resort. This will be our first time doing this. Unless someone else has a suggestion, I plan on shipping it at least 4-5 days prior to our arrival. I'll have our name and reservation number on it. I plan on calling the front desk (BCV) to let them know it's coming. I hope it works out. We're mainly shipping dry goods, breakfast items, snacks etc.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I've done it a couple times and it worked out well. I shipped baby formula for my DD that was a special variety and difficult to find.

Last year my son was going into the Disney college program and we were staying at the FQ for a few days prior. I shipped all of his bedding, towels, etc in space-bags and then packed in a box.

I shipped ground on Wed. for a Monday arrival. Perfect to the day. I shipped UPS 'cause I could track the package daily, knowing it would arrive the day we arrived. When we checked in Disney told us we had a package waiting for us. They will hold it 5 days prior to your check in date. Mark arrival date on your box. Bell hops deliver to your room, boxes are sometimes satellite held, so you might be tipping two different bell hops.

WARNING: Check your hotels actual mailing address. Ours at FQ was actually different from Disney Street names listed for touring.

I also learned from the CP Program to seal those care packages well. Tape all seams of box so little warm weather bugs cannot crawl into packages containing food.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I've done it a couple times and it worked out well. I shipped baby formula for my DD that was a special variety and difficult to find.

Last year my son was going into the Disney college program and we were staying at the FQ for a few days prior. I shipped all of his bedding, towels, etc in space-bags and then packed in a box.

I shipped ground on Wed. for a Monday arrival. Perfect to the day. I shipped UPS 'cause I could track the package daily, knowing it would arrive the day we arrived. When we checked in Disney told us we had a package waiting for us. They will hold it 5 days prior to your check in date. Mark arrival date on your box. Bell hops deliver to your room, boxes are sometimes satellite held, so you might be tipping two different bell hops.

WARNING: Check your hotels actual mailing address. Ours at FQ was actually different from Disney Street names listed for touring.

I also learned from the CP Program to seal those care packages well. Tape all seams of box so little warm weather bugs cannot crawl into packages containing food.
    Great. Thank's for the info!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for all your help.

At first we were going to pack an extra suitcase full of snacks but now that airlines are charging extra for extra bags we decided to ship it down there.

Thanks again!
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Friends of ours do this all the time and swear by it. They ship anything they don't want to carry down. Snacks, diapers, formula, you name it and they ship it. It is always waiting for them once they get to the hotel.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm curious, is it cheaper to ship a box down then to pay for an extra suitcase? We were thinking of doing this as well next year.