Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss October? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm heading to the world on October 26-31 and noticed when I tried to make some ADR's a lot of places didn't have any openings. We picked October because we ...
    Dayzee1026 is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy October?

I'm heading to the world on October 26-31 and noticed when I tried to make some ADR's a lot of places didn't have any openings. We picked October because we heard it was one of their low attendance times (that and it's my birthday!) So is October still a "low attendance" time?

Any input would be appreciated!!!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You're going right at Halloween time, that may explain the higher attendance! Week after Labor day through to week before Thanskigiving is considered lower attendance.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really don't think there is such a thing as Low Attendence time at WDW anymore. October is right in the middle of the Food & Wine Festival and the MNSSHPs. With the popularity of the DDP, it's almost a must to book your ADRs out as far as possible (180 days) - at least for the more popular locations. We're going late September to early October and booked most of our ADRs by the first part of April.

That being said, there are a couple of things you can try - try for off peak times (early or late in the service) or try some alternative restaurants. You don't say how large your party is. But, if you are a party of two, there are precious few tables for two in most locations. Try booking for a party of three. Some folks will have a hissy fit that I'm suggesting this. But, IMO, WDW has a flawed ressie system - I have no problem with working around those flaws to my advantage.

Wow thanks for the tip!!!

There's only two of us...me and the hubby. I tried today to get ADR for Le Cellier (sp?). I know its a bit of last minute but as I said before I was surprised there were no openings. I'll have to try back.

I made other ADR's a few months back and they seemed limited on the times they had available also....anyways...thanks again for the tip.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayzee1026 View Post
    Wow thanks for the tip!!!

There's only two of us...me and the hubby. I tried today to get ADR for Le Cellier (sp?). I know its a bit of last minute but as I said before I was surprised there were no openings. I'll have to try back.

I made other ADR's a few months back and they seemed limited on the times they had available also....anyways...thanks again for the tip.
    Since the advent of the DDP, Le Cellier has been hard to come by. We haven't been able to eat there yet at all. I understand that there aren't all that many seats, but I also surmise that its popular with the DDP crowd because compared with all the other restaurants, its a "safe" menu, which would suit less adventurous tastes - but thats total supposition on my part.

But we are enjoying being more adventurous with our choices.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    you are correct about le cellier not having many seats you are seriously in a cellar! i was surprised at how small it was! the food was excellent though we booked ours about 180 days in advance for Aug and we couldnt even get a dinner res it was later in the afternoon... we were told on the phone that it is one of the most popular and fills up quickly
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Try even getting a luch at Le Cellier- it is worth it, or try walking in in case someone missed their ADR. That place is worth the effort, call every day. Hope the trip is great. Are you doing the MNSSHP?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keep calling back and checking. People cancel ADRs all the time because a change of plans. Heck I had to cancel some last week. Actually, with it being Food and Wine festival why not just eat around the world instead of trying to get into a sit down restuarant. I know they sell the cheese soup at the Canadian kiosk during that time. Not sure what else is there tho'.

I was there 2 years ago in October and the crowds really weren't that bad. It was hot though so be prepared for that.

Enjoy your trip!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Thank you all so much for the info! I dont feel so bad now knowing that Le Cellier is small...that could be the reason I'm unable to get ADR's. I'll keep trying tho, I'm determined to eat there!!

I'll be attending the MNSSHP on the 30th...and I can't wait!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I know this is an old thread but we just got back from WDW. Went 7-15. The crowds were huge. Don't know if it was because of the free dining and/or the way the holidays came. We usually go in May and we've never had the crowds we had this week. We kept reading right up to when we left that crowds were low.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    It isn't free dining - that ended weeks ago. I was there the last week of September and the first week of October and the parks were so empty it was eerie. I was actually able to walk right onto Peter Pan on Saturday right after lunch. I've NEVER seen that ride without a long line.

My best guess is that the crowds have something to do with Columbus Day (long weekend) and the fact that so many schools now have a weeklong break during the month of October.

There really is no "low crowd" time at WDW anymore and it is almost a "must" to book some of the more popular restaurants well in advance of arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    It isn't free dining - that ended weeks ago. I was there the last week of September and the first week of October and the parks were so empty it was eerie. I was actually able to walk right onto Peter Pan on Saturday right after lunch. I've NEVER seen that ride without a long line.

My best guess is that the crowds have something to do with Columbus Day (long weekend) and the fact that so many schools now have a weeklong break during the month of October.

There really is no "low crowd" time at WDW anymore and it is almost a "must" to book some of the more popular restaurants well in advance of arrival.
    The free dining ended Oct 11th. I also noticed a lot more Europeans, mainly from Great Britain. I guess timing is everything.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

Hmmm, thats what I was thinkink also, that it must have something to do with Columbus Day. Even if you didn't have that week off of school, you may be more inclined to take your kids out of school or take vacation that week seeing as how you already have MOnday off. Oh well, we're heading there in 10 days so I can only hope for the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzee1026 View Post
    Hmmm, thats what I was thinkink also, that it must have something to do with Columbus Day. Even if you didn't have that week off of school, you may be more inclined to take your kids out of school or take vacation that week seeing as how you already have MOnday off. Oh well, we're heading there in 10 days so I can only hope for the best!!
    Let us know what the crowds were like. Have fun!