Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss WDW in September? For & Against. in the Vacation Planning forums; We have been tempted to go in September for the free dining. I haven't been in Sept for many years, are the crowds still reasonable then?...
    Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question WDW in September? For & Against.

We have been tempted to go in September for the free dining.
    I haven't been in Sept for many years, are the crowds still reasonable then?
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Crowds are generally light in September. Most locals are reporting the parks are virtually 'dead' right now. Exception would be Labor Day weekend, of course.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The visits we've made to the parks since the day after Labor Day 2008 have been incredibly light. We had one day at MK where most of the rides for the first part of the day were 5-10 minutes. Once AK closed, it got a bit busier. Toy Story Mania still is staying busy, but over-all, the parks are very do-able. Food and Wine is starting next week, so that could beef up the crowds a bit.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thank you both for your helpful replies.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just got back from a trip the week of Labor Day and the crowds were fantastic. Attractions like Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain were almost walk on's.

I would highly recommend going at that time. I'm not sure if I will again for awhile because my kids had to catch up in school but I will definitely be back again in September at some point in the future.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    From what I've heard from locals and cast members, the day after labor day has been historically one of the slowest days of the year.

We try to go every year with a trip that encompasses Sept 8 to celebrate my birthday.

I could say with subjective confidence that this year seemed significantly quieter than the past 3 years. I think it has more to do with the economy than the storms taht were lining up in the Atlantic
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We just went Sept 7-12. My children are 4 and 1 so there were a few rides that we skipped altogether. We never had more than a 10 minute wait for any ride the entire time we were there. I had planned 1 day at Epcot, 1 at Hollywood Studios, 2 at MK and 1 at Animal Kingdom. We were through all of the parks within 3 1/2 days and went back a second time to Epcot and HS. Like I said, there were definitely some rides and shows that we skipped either out of lack of interest or just too tired to walk all the way across the park but my husband and I both felt that we got to do all of the big things.

I got into the single rider line on Aerosmith's Rock'N'Roller Coaster at HS and I was in my seat taking off within 5 minutes (the video in the waiting room had already started when I came in). I rode that ride 2 time right in a row.

The busiest rides by far in both MK and HS were the Toy Story rides. We are already planning on pulling my son out of kindergarten next year to go again in September. It was still hot (sometimes reaching 100) and we had 2 evenings of rain from Hurricane Ike but other than that, it was terrific! We just put on our ponchos and kept going.
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

arfischer is offline A-Ticket holder
    I haven't gone in Sept in 9 years. I know it wasn't busy. The only problems my family and I had were mating bugs everywhere. They were very similar to fireflies and they were everywhere. It might have just been an odd season.
    Everyone Neat and Pretty?
    Now on with the Show!

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

We have booked OKW for 2 weeks in September next year! I'm so excited!!