Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Advice for Taking Friend in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to be going to Disney for a day trip this coming Saturday. We decided to do the Animal Kingdom since it will be the last day for ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Advice for Taking Friend

We are going to be going to Disney for a day trip this coming Saturday. We decided to do the Animal Kingdom since it will be the last day for the Pocahontas show. My sister (age 16) decided to ask her friend (age 18) if she could go with her. Turns out she can. This friend, from what I gather, hasn't been to Disney since she was a little kid, and has never been to Animal Kingdom ever. I haven't known her very long, but she expresse great interest in the Pocahontas, Lion King and Nemo shows (she's really big on Nemo) and that she loves doing art.

We are year passholders and go to Disney all the time, and sometimes we skip the "little things" such as the exploration trails and such when we are just over to the day. Since this is her first trip to Disney in a long time and her first ever to Animal Kingdom, we want to show her a good time. What are some advice/tips you could give me, besides the obvioius "star attractions" like Everest? Remember, we will only be there one day.

Also, aside from tips to do in the park, what should we do for meals? What are some good places we could eat inside the AK (or possibly at one of the Disney resorts for dinner) that have good food that would not break the bank? I'm not sure of her financial situation. She seems to be a fairly adventureous eater.

Thanks in advance.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    We are going to be going to Disney for a day trip this coming Saturday. We decided to do the Animal Kingdom since it will be the last day for the Pocahontas show. My sister (age 16) decided to ask her friend (age 18) if she could go with her. Turns out she can. This friend, from what I gather, hasn't been to Disney since she was a little kid, and has never been to Animal Kingdom ever. I haven't known her very long, but she expresse great interest in the Pocahontas, Lion King and Nemo shows (she's really big on Nemo) and that she loves doing art.

We are year passholders and go to Disney all the time, and sometimes we skip the "little things" such as the exploration trails and such when we are just over to the day. Since this is her first trip to Disney in a long time and her first ever to Animal Kingdom, we want to show her a good time. What are some advice/tips you could give me, besides the obvioius "star attractions" like Everest? Remember, we will only be there one day.

Also, aside from tips to do in the park, what should we do for meals? What are some good places we could eat inside the AK (or possibly at one of the Disney resorts for dinner) that have good food that would not break the bank? I'm not sure of her financial situation. She seems to be a fairly adventureous eater.

Thanks in advance.
    Well other then the headliners (EE,Nemo ect.) I would make it a point see the Flights of Wonder show, Rafiki's Planet Watch and of course the Kilimanjaro Safari. I would first see what the weather is like before I would attempt to go on Kali River Rapids, if it's a cloudy day you may end up walking around wet and uncomfortable for the rest of the day. As far as food goes, my 2 favorites in AK are Yak and Yeti and Flame Tree BarBcue. Since you have the whole day you should be able to get alot done, so take time to explore those trails you usually don't take, there's an adventure around every turn. Have fun.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Try to see the afternoon Jammin' Jungle Parade. It's a lot of fun.

AK is only open from 9 - 5 on Saturday, so try to arrive as early in the day as possible.

I'll second Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree for a meal, and if you wait for dinner until after AK closes at 5, you might try Boma at AKL for dinner ($26.99 buffet).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page