Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party Question in the Vacation Planning forums; I know this has probably been answered a million times here, but I'm too impatient to search.... With MVMCP do you need park admission aswell? Or, can you enter the ...
    Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party Question

I know this has probably been answered a million times here, but I'm too impatient to search....

With MVMCP do you need park admission aswell? Or, can you enter the park after a certain time with your MVMCP ticket?

Although I'm usually at WDW during the Christmas seasons, I have yet to attend MVMCP, and since I usually have Park Hopper tickets for each day I'm there, I've never had to worry about it when considering attending. I'm compiling a list of "recommendations" for a friend and just wanted to make sure I was passing on the right info...

LauraJ

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motokitten953 View Post
    I know this has probably been answered a million times here, but I'm too impatient to search....

With MVMCP do you need park admission aswell? Or, can you enter the park after a certain time with your MVMCP ticket?

Although I'm usually at WDW during the Christmas seasons, I have yet to attend MVMCP, and since I usually have Park Hopper tickets for each day I'm there, I've never had to worry about it when considering attending. I'm compiling a list of "recommendations" for a friend and just wanted to make sure I was passing on the right info...

LauraJ
    Entry for hard ticket events like MVMCP and MNSSHP only require a ticket purchased for that event. Guests who arrive at the park prior to the start of the event need a regular ticket and will be required to leave the park before the special event begins unless they also have purchased a hard ticket.

You can enter the park, for the hard ticket event after 4PM, but the actual event doesn't begin till later.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That is correct. You may enter MK with your MVMCP ticket after 4PM, but the party activities don't start until the park is closed to non-MVMCP guests, which I think is normally around 7PM or so.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you! That is even better than I thought!

So... not to beat a dead horse... but I could suggest going to AK, DHS or Epcot in the AM using their regular single park/day tickets, head back to the hotel for a retreive, then they could enter the MK any time after 4:00 PM with their MVMCP tickets?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Motokitten953 View Post
    Thank you! That is even better than I thought!

So... not to beat a dead horse... but I could suggest going to AK, DHS or Epcot in the AM using their regular single park/day tickets, head back to the hotel for a retreive, then they could enter the MK any time after 4:00 PM with their MVMCP tickets?
    Yes, that's correct. I'd probably recommend AK, since it would be closing at or around the time you'd want to go to MK for MVMCP anyhow.

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This may sound stupid but do keep in mind if you are there for the week of Christmas, basically the same events are happening but you dont have to buy a seperate ticket.
    I found this out after I almost bought tickets for a day earlier thinking all the events would end. I haven't personally been but the cast member I talked to said most of it is the same (expect for hot cocoa)