Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Need tips for planning surprise Anniversary event in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all, I'm going with my family (parents, brother and I) to Disney for Christmas. We're going 1 day after my parents anniversary, and I wanted to surprise them with ...
    squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder

Need tips for planning surprise Anniversary event

Hey all,
    I'm going with my family (parents, brother and I) to Disney for Christmas. We're going 1 day after my parents anniversary, and I wanted to surprise them with an extra special experience.
    I know Disney has the new celebration thing, which I'm looking into, but I wanted to know if anyone has any other things I can plan. I am on somewhat of a budget (being a college student) but really want to make it as special as I can. Therefore, any tips no matter the price range are really welcome.
    I'm not sure what 'free' things I can arrange for them as well.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm going with my family (parents, brother and I) to Disney for Christmas. We're going 1 day after my parents anniversary, and I wanted to surprise them with an extra special experience.
    I know Disney has the new celebration thing, which I'm looking into, but I wanted to know if anyone has any other things I can plan. I am on somewhat of a budget (being a college student) but really want to make it as special as I can. Therefore, any tips no matter the price range are really welcome.
    I'm not sure what 'free' things I can arrange for them as well.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
    There are myriad options. You can arrange a vow renewal at a reasonable rate, many option and an event planner will help you with cost options. You can contact guest services and ask for ideas, they ar ein=variably helpful. Calling ahead to a restaurant (i recommend 48 hours) and they will prepare a personalized cake (again size options abound).

Also there are a bunch of Disney Sages here who no doubt have many ideas to share.

Good Luck, I hope it turns out great!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Check out Lake Buena Vista, FL - Florist, Flowers, Flower Delivery, Send Flowers, Walt Disney World Florist : Home for flowers and gifts that can be sent to your room. Also, make sure that you tell everyone (front desk, restaurants, etc.) that it is their anniversary. If you can, call the resort you are going to be staying at and ask them for help. They can give you Anniversary buttons, and maybe arrange for a card from Mickey & Minnie and some balloons. You might have to make that call only a few days before your arrival, once you are in their computer system, or else call your travel agent or where your reservations were made and have them note the occasion on your reservation.

No matter what you do, your parents are lucky to have raised such thoughtful kids.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe a silhouette thing or a chalk portrait done in the park? His and Hers Mickey ears with their names on them and anniversary number? Reservations at CRT for lunch so they get that great photo? Champagne flutes with their info engraved? Others may have better suggestions.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.