Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss "how will you celebrate"-Anniversaries in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! The Disney crew was in downtown Indy Friday registering people to get their free birthday ticket. We are already planning an Anniversary trip for January, so we won't ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

"how will you celebrate"-Anniversaries

Hi all!

The Disney crew was in downtown Indy Friday registering people to get their free birthday ticket. We are already planning an Anniversary trip for January, so we won't be going down for any birthdays next year, but I did chat up the cast members to find out if they had defined anything for Anniversary celebrations.

They told me they haven't publicized anything as formal as the birthday thing but there are even bigger plans to make those trips special. She advised that we make sure our reservations noted our Anniversary (they already did) and said that we would get "anniversary" buttons when we arrived and could expect lots of extra magic because of the occaision.

Now, we went on our honeymoon and got lots of special magic just by mentioning it from time to time. It sounds like, from my conversation with her, that it will be even more widespread magic this time. There will of course be things we could pay for (cruises, special dinners, etc) but we are taking the kids along to celebrate so we won't be doing those.

We're finally below 100 days until our trip...I'm even more excited with this new "theme".
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My Anniversary is December 31. I have to wait a very long time to celebrate mine! I am doubting that DH will want to go for it. Just a hunch here.

bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh my goodness I wish I had known that they were right here in Indy on Friday! Next year we will be doing a Magical Gathering there the week of my parent's 30th anniversary, so we have titled the Gathering the Anniversary Gathering. When I made the reservations they didn't say anything to me about the buttons, but I'll be sure they get them. I really wanted to do something special for my parents for their anniversary because our Magical Gathering really started out as a family vacation that just happend to fall during their anniversary. I was thinking about doing a photo session for them around the park, or perhaps a fireworks cruise, but that would include the whole family so I'm just not sure what to do. HOWEVER if the Disney Company is doing something special for Anniversaries then they may have it taken care of for me!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We went to Animal Kingdom on our anniversary last month. I couldn't believe how many people were also celebrating their anniversary or had just gotten married. This Thursday we'll be attending the Party for the Senses as our gift to each other. Nothing like spreading out the event. I have a feeling that Disney will be doing little surprises throughout next year for anniversaries and other special occasions. It will be important to make known any event you'll be celebrating while booking your vacations.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Just got back today from the World. Arrived on our anniversary. Wore the "Happy Anniversary" pin all week. Also noticed many people doing the same. Was kind of nice to have most CM's wish us well.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

kdimattia is offline A-Ticket holder
    My DH and I are going to Disney for our 5th Anny in April, I'll have to mention something to our travel agent so she can mention something to Disney! Thanks for the information!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hopefully next year I'll be getting married and honeymooning at WDW, so I look forward to seeing how the new promotion plays into it.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimattia View Post
    My DH and I are going to Disney for our 5th Anny in April, I'll have to mention something to our travel agent so she can mention something to Disney! Thanks for the information!
    Most times they ask you when you check in if you're celebrating anything. Especially next year with the new promotion going on.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I take my granddaughters to WDW every year for their birthday, (which is in Sept,twins), the last week in August. With this new celebration, does this mean that I will not be able to get the birthday pins or anything special because it won't technically be their "official" birthday?
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygramma View Post
    I take my granddaughters to WDW every year for their birthday, (which is in Sept,twins), the last week in August. With this new celebration, does this mean that I will not be able to get the birthday pins or anything special because it won't technically be their "official" birthday?

You might call and ask Disney. When I talked to the kiosk workers downtown they asked if anyone in the family had a birthday close to our Anniversary trip and indicated that I could get a free ticket if it was close enough. I don't know how close is "close enough", but it might be worth asking.

Depending on how old they are... just make sure they don't rat you out
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I am looking forward to the celebration, since I'm getting married... and going to WDW and DL for it, so hopefully it will be extra magical! That's what we are hoping for, but who knows! I will be able to compare though which one celebrates better!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

HoneyLeighLSU is offline A-Ticket holder
    So, me and my boyfriend are going the week before our 3 year (dating) anniversary. We are actually going to celebrate our anniversary, but the week before worked out the best for us. Is it ok to say we're celebrating our anniversary even though it is not our wedding anniversary? Just wondering if this would still apply to us. Thanks!