Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Staying on I- Drive in the Vacation Planning forums; This year we are not staying at one of the resorts does anyone know of any great hotel near the parks or even on I- Drive...
    disneylover81 is offline A-Ticket holder

Staying on I- Drive

This year we are not staying at one of the resorts does anyone know of any great hotel near the parks or even on I- Drive

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    If you are not set on I-Drive, consider Irlo Bronson Drive (Hwy 192) in Kissimmee. We have stayed at the Comfort Suites at 7888 W Irlo Bronson Dr a couple of times and have been very pleased with the rooms, service, and amenities like hot breakfast. It is a very quick trip to the World if you take the Sherberth Rd entrance. I-Drive is a little bit farther away and has more traffic congestion. You can normally get a good last minute deal at many of the hotels. We've always did a "walk-in" on arrival day at the Comfort Suites and got a room at a "best" price.
    Last edited by NC_WDW_Daddy; 10-16-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Spelling error

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's not on I-Drive, but we stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resorts on Poinciana Drive. It's a new condominium resort that just opened this year and they were wonderful! lbvorlandoresort.com is their website if you want to take a look at them.

StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    Do you mean International Drive? If yes, then you should try the Holiday Inn- There's a very friendly and outgoing employee there by the name of Fresia. They also have very good buffets! The problem with staying of property on International Drive is that while it is not actually that far from the parks, it's an incredibly difficult street to navigate IMHO- While it's only about 10-15 minutes from the Disney parks, it's very easy to get lost or make a wrong turn :p. It took my dad AT LEAST a half an hour to find anything remotely Disney lol. Will you be doing anything non-Disney on your vacation? If you are then it is probably better to stay off property so you can get to those places easier and quicker. Looking forward to more responces

Sallyb5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would recommend the Regal Sun at Downtown Disney. Its a great location just across the road from Downtown Disney and very handy for the Disney buses. We used the one that took you to Boardwalk quite a few times as its easy to walk to Epcot. The hotel was really nice and we had a tower room so could see the fireworks every night if we wanted to.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed at the Mariott World on I drive and while I love the hotel, its quite a distance in actual drive time from the parks, particularly in the weird Disney rush times.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    With the rates so cheap right now and I assume less attendance,why do you have to stay off property?The value resorts are cheaper and I think there is a special advertised of pay for 4 nights get 3 free.Check this out if you haven't already.If there is some personal reason why you cannot stay on property,then we understand not staying on property. But if it's a money thing,do your research a little more extensively and maybe a value resort is a possibility.
    Park Hopper Dad!