Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What park on New Year's Eve? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, just wondering what park you would recommend spending the day at on New Year's Eve? Or should I avoid all of them and go shopping Downtown instead!! Thanks so ...
    DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder

What park on New Year's Eve?

Hi, just wondering what park you would recommend spending the day at on New Year's Eve? Or should I avoid all of them and go shopping Downtown instead!!

Thanks so much!!
    DTSZ

Auburnfan2 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Magic Kingdom

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think EPCOT is great on New Year's Eve!
    DVC Member
    AP Holder

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    MK was just nuts on NYE. We ultimately hit the little attractions, since the big ticket ones had waits of hours. We watched the fireworks from the boat slips outside the MK, it was beautiful and tranquil.

We have done Epcot for NYE, snug for the fireworks but a much better alternative to the MK.

My DS last year was at DHS. Called us and said he felt like a sardine.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We will actually be eating a late dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. Then we don't know what we will do. I imagine that we will just go back to the hotel and swim if the weather isn't freezing!

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    we went to epcot on ny eve and it worked well. we got there as it opened and rode everything we wanted/planned easily. it was busy from about 1pm on and flat out packed from 4pm on.the day we were there MK and DS closed due to capacity so I think we were in the best spot.Jennifer
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

We are planning for a trip for next year, 2009-2010, and just wanted your opinions.

The debate is whether we should go to a park on NYE or do some shopping, walk around the hotel (we never have time to walk around our hotel), see some of the other hotel's decorations, and then have a nice dinner somewhere. With two kids, ages 8 and 5, they might go into shock if we go one day of our vacation without stepping foot into a park!!!
    DTSZ