Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Thanksgiving Parade? Holiday Lights? in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, so last year I went solo to celebrate Turkey Day with the Mouse at the Magic Kingdom. I took my time getting there, only to find out that I ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Thanksgiving Parade? Holiday Lights?

Ok, so last year I went solo to celebrate Turkey Day with the Mouse at the Magic Kingdom. I took my time getting there, only to find out that I had just missed a special Thanksgiving Day Parade that apparently was quite the hubbub. I think it was around 10am or so, and I had just missed it.

Well, I am able to go to Disney again this year, and I'm bringing a friend. And I was hoping to be able to get there a bit earlier this year to catch the parade, but I can't find any information on it whatsoever. Is there even going to BE a special parade this year? Or only the usual 3:00 afternoon parade and then Spectro at night?

Also, I was hoping to be able to catch the Osbourne lights, but it appears as though they don't "officially" begin until the 28th. Disney has a funny reputation of kicking things off (at least in trial form) early, such as last year when the Castle Dream Lights were lit several days prior to their "official" first lighting. Has anyone heard anything about the Osbourne Lights being turned on one night early, on the Evening of Thanksgiving itself?

It would be kind of a bummer if there is no parade, and no lights, especially since I'm bringing a guest who is not as much a regular park-goer as I am. And it's beginning to look like aside from a turkey dinner, the rest of the day is going to be just like any other at the park - nothing wrong with that of course, but it would be nice to have something a bit more unique to do for the holiday... Aside from the Turkey of course.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Haven't heard a thing, but I'll certainly post any info I come across. Drive safely. I know DD is planning see the Osborne Lights on Friday. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a dry run for a few days before. (Don't forget to see if you can get your (free to AP holders) viewing glasses - if they are available before the official opening.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.