Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Tight scheduling in the Vacation Planning forums; Is there a time of the year that I won't have school that is not too crowded and/or hot? Preferably during a time when the Halloween party is going on ...
    reubenco is offline A-Ticket holder

Tight scheduling

Is there a time of the year that I won't have school that is not too crowded and/or hot?
    Preferably during a time when the Halloween party is going on

Thanks
    Last edited by reubenco; 12-03-2008 at 09:10 PM.
    Stuck as far away from WDW as possible

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I guess that depends on when you don't have school.

My favorite time to visit is the beginning to middle of October. Usually not too crowded, the Halloween party is going on and Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival is in full swing!
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you're in college, it will be a lot easier to find these times than if you are in middle or high school. My sister and are are both in college and will be going down when we're done with finals - we will be there the week before most grade schools get out for the break. Our spring break is usually before most grade schools, and we get out for the summer about 3 weeks before grade schools do. Also, colleges tend to have fall breaks more than grade schools, so that would be a good time to go for MNSSHP.

If you're not in college yet, it makes scheduling a little harder, but if you can go on a weekend for the party in September, it will still be a little full (because it's the weekend) but not as bad as it would be right before Halloween.

Hope this helps, and have a great trip!!
    ~Ashleigh

reubenco is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    If you're in college, it will be a lot easier to find these times than if you are in middle or high school. My sister and are are both in college and will be going down when we're done with finals - we will be there the week before most grade schools get out for the break. Our spring break is usually before most grade schools, and we get out for the summer about 3 weeks before grade schools do. Also, colleges tend to have fall breaks more than grade schools, so that would be a good time to go for MNSSHP.

If you're not in college yet, it makes scheduling a little harder, but if you can go on a weekend for the party in September, it will still be a little full (because it's the weekend) but not as bad as it would be right before Halloween.

Hope this helps, and have a great trip!!
    I'm not in college now, but I will be when this trip is going to happen, so I guess that counts. The idea of me going down now just for a weekend seems pretty crazy to me though. Coming from Maryland, all the flat fees (airfare, etc.) just for two days seems pretty wasteful. Especially considering that my parents are not into WDW at all.

In any case, I've pretty much abandoned the idea of the Halloween party, although I would have loved to do that. It seems that the best time for my group would be the last week in August, where college will not have started yet but Florida schools will have. I did read somewhere actually that the last week of August is one of the least crowded times of year. Although your mentioning fall breaks may have given me some more hope. Do many colleges have fall breaks at the same time? Because this trip will be me with some of my current high school friends, and I think that the likelihood of us going to the same college is nonexistant.
    Stuck as far away from WDW as possible