Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pop Century in January 2009 in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going in a few weeks to WDW !!! I will be staying at the Pop Century resort. I will be there January, 23-27. I've never stayed at pop century ...
    PokemonTrainer is offline A-Ticket holder

Pop Century in January 2009

I'm going in a few weeks to WDW !!! I will be staying at the Pop Century resort. I will be there January, 23-27. I've never stayed at pop century before. Any tips or reviews about the place?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Pop Century is a great resort and probably the best of the values (or at least some people would argue that it is). My biggest suggestion is that you walk around and take in everything, no matter what building your in. There's some great stuff to see. Plus if you get around the back side of the resort you get a neat view of Spaceship Earth. Plus, if you're interested, you can walk across the Generation Gap bridge and check out the construction (actually... lack there of) side of Pop that is still unfinished (was to be known as Pop Century - Legendary Years but construction was halted and has yet to resume).

Personally, I love the food court on property there. The value resorts have some of the best quickie meals on property in my opinion.

I'll be at the World the same week as you (25th-28th) but staying over at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Good time of year to go. TIP: If you've never been in January, be sure to pack for cool weather. There's a belief that Orlando is 80 degrees year round but not quite so. It can get quite cool from January-April.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

PokemonTrainer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the tips!

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Illuminations can be seen from certain buildings towards the back as well. It is neat to see them around SE.
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

coolcat712 is offline A-Ticket holder

Me too!

Hey, I'll be there Jan 28th also! I'll make sure to use those tips! I wonder if we will see each other and not even realize it...

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at Pop last August, and it was awesome! It may be a value resort, but I would compare it to a moderate hotel off property, it is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. I stayed in the 80's portion, facing the computer pool, and the pool stayed pretty busy well past midnight, so it was always loud, but since you're going in January, it will probably be cooler and a noisey pool may not be an issue. Also, the cheese danish at the food court is the best ever! Have a great trip!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great place and yeah the food is better than most of the places in the parks.
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music