Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney trip Feb 15th-Feb 21st in the Vacation Planning forums; Just as the title says. My wife and I will be going with our 2 yr old son and her 10 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son. Would ...
    E39Chris525i is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney trip Feb 15th-Feb 21st

Just as the title says. My wife and I will be going with our 2 yr old son and her 10 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son. Would it be best to bring our own stroller or best to rent one in the theme parks? We plan to go to all of the theme parks. I know my little tike cannot go on the major coasters in the Magic Kingdom, but he should be able to go on most other rides, right? We haven't been to Animal Kingdom yet. How is it? See you all in about 39 days from now and counting
    Last edited by E39Chris525i; 01-06-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'd recommend bringing your own stroller - at 2, you can easily use an umbrella stroller or a one-step-up from umbrella stroller that has a basket and reclining seat but costs under $60. Renting will cost you more than the cost of your own stroller, plus you can only use it in the parks, not at the resorts, and depending on where you are staying and where your room is, that can be a considerable amount of walking. Plus, if you are flying, you can take it right to the gate and they will check it for you at the end of the jetway, and bring it back to you when you land.

Look for something that folds as easily and as compactly as possible to make it easier on yourself.

Don't forget, if you are driving anywhere you'll need a car seat. You do not need one on Disney buses.

Check out Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . for information about which rides have height restrictions. There is plenty for your child to do, and there is a "baby swap" policy that will let you ride with the older kids and switch off so your wife can ride without having a long wait.

Animal Kingdom is a lovely park. Take your time and enjoy it.

Have a great trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks! We have a big Jeep stroller that will take up the entire trunk of the car (we will be driving to FL). We should just buy a cheap umbrella stroller to put him in while in the theme parks. My wife was telling me about the baby swap, so it should work out.
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know much about strollers, but I do have some input on Animal Kingdom.

I love it! It is quickly becoming one of my favorite parks! Many people's complaints about it is that it gets very warm, but since you'll be there in February, you should have a great time! There are many things to do there for all ages. Your 2 older kids will have fun on attractions like Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari and your little one will have fun at Camp Minnie Mickey and Finding Nemo: the Musical. Everyone can enjoy wandering around and looking at the animals and many of the other attractions.

Have a great trip!
    ~Ashleigh

I'm looking forward to the safari and Expedition Everest. Can't wait
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21