Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Vacation Club!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone, My name is Matt and I just got back from a great 10 day trip to Disney World. My girlfriend Sarah and I stayed at the Port Orleans ...
    Olymatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Disney Vacation Club!!!

Hi everyone,
    My name is Matt and I just got back from a great 10 day trip to Disney World. My girlfriend Sarah and I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside and it was fantastic. Anyway, while we were down there not only was it my girlfriends birthday...but we also joined the disney vacation club! If you travel at least once a year to disney world this is something you need to look into!! Alot of people just think they can't afford it. I was the same way until I went to an open house for the vacation club. I think it was the greatest thing I could have done regarding vacations. If anyone is planning on going to disney or is already there please look into the disney vacation club. You'll be very happy to find out how affordable it is! Well, I just had to get that off my chest. I guess Im just so excited that my trips for the next 50 years are basically covered by being a vacation club member. My girlfriend and I are only 26 and we now own property!!

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    Lucky! Have fun! My cost concern doesn't really have anything to do with the cost of the vacation club, it's the cost of getting there. We live in Cincy and airfare here is the highest in the country. I've offered to drive all night to get there, but my wife hasn't seemed too thrilled with that yet.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Thats a real bummer thokecin. Have you maybe suggested driving half way there then getting a hotel somewhere for the night, then drive the rest of the way the next day? That still might be cheaper than flying there. Just a thought.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    You'll love the DVC.. I have it made... my daughter and her hubby purchased the membership and then I get to go along!!! The 2 bedroom villas are very spacious!!!
    And there are a few percs.
    I think you should make this "offer" to YOUR mom.. . . . .
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

yeah! I plan on bringing lots of family when I go. Our home resort is Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. I cant wait to start using it!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome, congrats! Hopefully I'll be able to join someday...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Congrats & welcome home, neighbor

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We love the Vacation Club. We also live around Cincy and we usually drive and take turns on driving down. It is alot less expensive to drive down. Usually take along a portable dvd player to keep entertained while on the road. Just some thoughts.