Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Shipping food to the hotel in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is going to Disney the first week in May. It is the first time we are taking my daughter. She's 6. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. ...
    lizbet is offline A-Ticket holder

Shipping food to the hotel

My family is going to Disney the first week in May. It is the first time we are taking my daughter. She's 6. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I was just wondering if it's possible to ship food to your hotel from home. I wanted to bring down breakfast foods so I wouldn't have to buy breakfast every morning. Has anyone ever done this before? Also, are there any local grocery stores that will deliver?
    Thanks so much!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I believe that you have a couple of options. If you just want to store non-perishable, I've heard that Owner's Locker is a great service. If you plan on bringing perishable foods however, your best bet (or probably the cheapest option) would be a grocery delivery service. I've heard that a good service is the Garden Grocer ( GardenGrocer.com, The Selection of a SUPERMARKET Delivered to Your Door! ).
    ~Ashleigh

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    For non-perishables, you can box them up and ship them a week prior to your arrival. Make sure your name and reservation info are on the oustside of the box. Call the hotel and tell them you are expecting a package delivery. When you check in, pick it up.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Our family has shipped a box to the resort many times prior to our arrival. As said, be sure to include your reservation number and dates of stay on the label.
    We send breasfast, snack items.. paper products. even paper, pens, stamps, special 'ears' or hats. At Christmas time we ship down a few decorations--- inexpensive ones and then just leave them there. Actually, we ship as much as can fit into the box. In December it weighed 24 pounds!! We have never run into a problem --- always there at check in.
    Take along an extra label already prepared and use the same box to ship items back home. You can ship out from the check-in counter.
    Also, we recommend "Quicksilver" car service. The price includes a 30 minute grocery stop. No waiting at the airport for Magical Express to depart. And get dropped at your gate when departing. Cold items can be stored at the resort if your room is not available when you arrive.
    Hope this helps you... ... ...
    Lesa
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We are going in 4 days and we're staying at the Cabins. We're having Garden Grocer (gardengrocer.com) ship to Ft. Wilderness near check in time. It was $12 for delivery fee, but at least everything will be delivered and ready to go and since we aren't renting a car it was much cheaper than a rental or a cab.

This is our first time for this, so I can report back when we return if you'd like...
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

lizbet is offline A-Ticket holder
    PlutoGirl,

Please let me know how Garden Grocer works out. Have a wonderful time!
    Thanks!
    Lizbet