Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Are the Exec's right or fooling us in the Vacation Planning forums; OK, we don't always agree with Hill but he raises some interesting questions in his article here. Disney Exec's are saying the Liberty reservations have fallen off by 2/3!!! because ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Are the Exec's right or fooling us

OK, we don't always agree with Hill but he raises some interesting questions in his article here.

Disney Exec's are saying the Liberty reservations have fallen off by 2/3!!! because of the economy not because the characters were removed from dining. Walk up to Liberty is now available now, unheard of before.

He also is saying that work will begin now, the beginning of 2009 for the suites at Pop. Sure hope so. Be glad not to look at that blight ever again.

Jim Hill : Are Disney World's recession worries starting to recede ?

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Interesting. Unfortunately, I agree about the Liberty Tree Tavern - it seems like a bad move on Disney's part to get rid of the character dining. I thought about it and, without the characters, it seems like just a regular meal. Is the price of the meal still the same even without the characters? If it is, I probably wouldn't dine there again.

It was also interesting to see that people are booking their trips 2-3 weeks rather than 6 months out. It makes it easier for me since I book about that far out because I never know what my school schedule is going to be like. Maybe this semester I can actually get my first choice hotel and/or room a couple of times!
    ~Ashleigh

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I don't think that ridding the Tree Tavern of its character dining is a total loss.

There are PLENTY of other character dining experiences on property. And they have lots of other character meet-and-greet locations that they need to staff across the property anyway.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    I think removing the characters had something to do with it. A lot of people were very upset when the characters were removed (myself included). I still think they made a big mistake.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Liberty Tree Tavern was on our list to do the next trip. Now there's no reason to do it. My wife wouldn't like the food. I still haven't found anyone who can let me know on the prices since I think its overpriced w/o the characters.

I still feel that instead of cutting experiences Disney should cut prices and encourage more visitors in these uncertain times. Disney's promos so far have been right on track with the buy 4 get three and the $200 giveaway.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Pluto40 is offline A-Ticket holder
    How exactly does he get all of his information?

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i remember the waitress telling us about this just this past year and it upset me a lot. and the thing is, it upset her too! she said she had worked there for a really long time and couldnt imagine business being good without the chracters
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I've always been a big Liberty Tree Tavern fan, i thinkit is one of the most under rated places at MK. Dropping Charcter Dining defintiely took away form the experince. I always found the colonial charcters to be a real kick.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto40 View Post
    How exactly does he get all of his information?
    I suspect just like Lou when he has a scoop. Once you are a major player in
    the Disney World inner Circle, people talk to you.

The other thing in this article was Pop. I've seen it on another site. It might just have an ounce of merit, halted during the last slow down after 9/11.
    That is when they completely shut down Port Orleans and gutted all the hotel rooms. When they were done they renamed the sister resorts and then proceeded to gut what was once Dixie and came out as POR. The resort was then ready when the economy picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I suspect just like Lou when he has a scoop. Once you are a major player in
    the Disney World inner Circle, people talk to you.

The other thing in this article was Pop. I've seen it on another site. It might just have an ounce of merit, halted during the last slow down after 9/11.
    That is when they completely shut down Port Orleans and gutted all the hotel rooms. When they were done they renamed the sister resorts and then proceeded to gut what was once Dixie and came out as POR. The resort was then ready when the economy picked up.
    How do I become a major player and join this Inner Circle you speak of Gabe???
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    How do I become a major player and join this Inner Circle you speak of Gabe???

Right after I figure a way to step into that inner circle you'll be the first I share my yet undiscovered secret with.

There were things my DS would trip into by chance in his time as a CM.
    Odd little discoveries.

My favorite: When you go past a turkey leg stand, take a deep breath with your eyes closed. What are you smelling? If you couldn't see the turkey legs, what meat product are you smelling?

So many tiny, tiny secrets he comes home with. And he is in the outer most circle. I think they should have a 6 month program for us middle aged folks.

I hope your son stays with Disney and moves his way to the top. I'd love to go back to school at age 37 and apply for the college program. I was lucky enough to hear a 20 something going on about how dumb he was for getting a degree in electrical engineering. He moved to FL to sell cars. I was thinking get a job working at Disney you goober!

Oh and when I smell turkey legs I smell smoked ham. Am I right?