Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Bringing a Newbie! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, my boyfriend is currently deployed for the next 6 months. When he returns in August we have decided to go to WDW for a few days together. This ...
    heartswdw is offline A-Ticket holder

Bringing a Newbie!

Hey everyone, my boyfriend is currently deployed for the next 6 months. When he returns in August we have decided to go to WDW for a few days together. This is going to be his first WDW vacation and I am so excited for him! I have been going to WDW for the past 13 years. I want to make his first trip memoriable. This is also going to be our first vacation together (eek!) Does anyone have any good suggestions of a surprise for him? We are staying at Carribean Beach.
    hEaRtSwDw

'95 OKW
    '96 off site
    '98 OKW
    '02 Wilderness Lodge/ Fort Wilderness
    '05 OKW/Fort Wilderness
    '07 Fort Wilderness
    '09 All Star Music

always in my heart

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    First, don't foget to look at the Military Salute this year for tickets. Your boyfriend will be able to get them on base. You don't say the length of your stay, but he will get a free 5 day par hopper and you can get a 5 day base for $99. Also, see if Caribbean Beach has a military discount during this time.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    For something special, but not expensive, watch Illuminations then grab an ice cream to go at Beaches and Cream and take a stroll around the Bordwalk at night.
    Last edited by NC_WDW_Daddy; 02-11-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    You could go to the Polynesian before Wishes and sit on the lounge chairs on the beach and watch Wishes from there, after go into Captain Cooks (just up the walkway) and enjoy a dole whip. If your looking to spend some cash then make dinner reservations at California Grill and time it so you can watch wishes from up there, even if you don't get a window seat, you can watch it from outside on the roof top and they have piped in music. I think the trip will be very memorable for him regardless of what surprises you have for him, he will be on vacation with a loved one and not have to worry about the military for awhile
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've found that the most memorable moments are things that you don't even plan for at WDW. For example, on my last trip, my wife and I walked around World Showcase in Epcot after Illuminations. Everyone had left and we had the place to ourselves. All the buildings were lit and the music was still playing. We just took a slow walk all the way around. Back in Future World, the fountain was "going off" with lights and music and we stopped to watch it. It was as if the fountain was putting on a show just for us.

When we returned home a few days later, that night stuck out in my mind as the most fun. So sometimes it's the things you don't plan for that will create the best memories. I'm sure no matter what you do in Disney, one thing, above all else, will just stand out as a magical moment.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

heartswdw is offline A-Ticket holder
    These are all great ideas!! I called Disney today and am having personalized Mickey ears waiting for him when we check-in. I am counting down the days until I get to see him and take him to my favorite place! Thanks for the ideas everyone, lpease keep them coming!!
    hEaRtSwDw

'95 OKW
    '96 off site
    '98 OKW
    '02 Wilderness Lodge/ Fort Wilderness
    '05 OKW/Fort Wilderness
    '07 Fort Wilderness
    '09 All Star Music

always in my heart

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    How about a set of the personalized maps? They make a nice memento of your trip.
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs