Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Going to Disney for our Honeymoon in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to Disney for our honeymoon in May - any advice?...
    cantwait is offline A-Ticket holder

Going to Disney for our Honeymoon

We are going to Disney for our honeymoon in May - any advice?

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    O sister....where do I start?!

First of all, welcome to DWT! I've been a member here for the last 2 years and I couldn't have met nicer, kinder, more genuine people. Here's hoping you stick around long after your happily ever after!

Second of all, there's many wedding planning threads around here. I have one as well as MayBWeRMnt2B and Fungus_01. All of us have different scenarios regarding our weddings. Are you getting married in Disney as well or just honeymooning? Have you ever been to Disneyworld before?

Upon making your hotel reservation, be sure to plug in your honeymoon information on the "What will you Celebrate?" page. At check in, re-inform the front desk that you are on your honeymoon. They'll give you your "Just Married" buttons. Wear them! From what I hear, you'll gain quite a few compliments and maybe even some freebies! It might also be a good idea to invest in a set of the Bride and Groom wedding Mickey ears. People will notice.

It's a good idea to get a "game plan" together ahead of time instead of just winging it. If staying on Disney property, compile a spreadsheet of Extra Magic Hours mornings and evenings to best plan your days. It's also smart to figure out your "which days in which parks" ahead of time in order to make dinner reservations. For example, if you know you'll be in Epcot on May 15th, figure out where you'd like to eat in that park, make a note in your planner 90 days out from that date (Disney accepts dinner reservations up to 90 days in advance) and then call on that date.

I'm sure I'll think of plenty of tips up until May. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of the girls. We'd love to be of any help we can. Have fun planning!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Take a look at the Unofficial Guide to WDW by Len Testa.

brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder
    Congrats! My wife and I honeymooned at WDW back in September of '06 and it was a blast. We've spent the better part of our lives since then fondly remembering the trip and are going back in 20 days! Make sure you get the people at the front desk to understand that it is your honeymoon. We told them when booking and when we arrived at the front desk but didn't get the buttons or anything like that for whatever reason.

We didn't really go out of our way to do anything too "honeymoon-y" but anytime it came up with a CM or even other guests everyone was so nice and great to us.

My biggest suggestion is to do the dining plan. There wasn't anything better than being able to eat great meals every night on the plan. Running around the park is fun but spending dinner together talking and enjoying each other was the best. If you do this though (and even if not) MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE! We went through a travel agent for our honeymoon and she didn't tell us about making reservations so our first night we just tried to walk in for dinner and were turned away which kind of threw our whole first night off.

Either way, congrats again and while planning is good...don't overplan to where you feel constrained to a schedule. Go, have fun and enjoy each other.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Going to Disney for our Honeymoon

how special hope you told the hotel that this is your honeymoon. depending on the hotel some times they will do something special for you. a lot of newweds buy the bride and groom hats to wear in the parks. this way everyone will know. plan special dinners to remember of course lot and lots of pictures.
    J&J