Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Becoming a Travel Agent in the Vacation Planning forums; I was just wondering what it takes to become a Travel Agent. Like experience, knowing the right people, etc. Anything special I need to do?...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Becoming a Travel Agent

I was just wondering what it takes to become a Travel Agent. Like experience, knowing the right people, etc. Anything special I need to do?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I was thinking about this too. I was wondering if this is something you can do part time and how long does it take to get affiliated with MouseFan Travel or Small World Vacations?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

kiminicricket is offline A-Ticket holder
    i took classes, non-credit, at the local community college and did an internship with a local agency. The classes consisted of learning the computer systems, geography, researching different locations etc. It was several classes about 15 years ago. things may have changed since so check with a local agent, they may be willing to bring you on as an intern (without pay).