Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss (Vent) Looks like I'll be spending my Disney vaca at the hotel :-( in the Vacation Planning forums; So we're scheduled to leave for my niece's 12th birthday trip early Sunday morning and it just so happens that I'm having major issues between my bank and the IRS ...
    Jujube is offline B-Ticket Holder

Unhappy (Vent) Looks like I'll be spending my Disney vaca at the hotel :-(

So we're scheduled to leave for my niece's 12th birthday trip early Sunday morning and it just so happens that I'm having major issues between my bank and the IRS about my tax refund that supposedly was deposited on the 20th but hasn't shown up yet!! The resort is covered because my sis is a DVC member but I'm supposed to cover my meal plan and tickets. I was planning on getting an AP while I was there since we are returning in September. I have a no expiration pass that has two days on it but other than that it looks like I'll be spending the majority of my vaca at the Contemporary instead of in the parks!
    Does anybody have any ideas as to what to do with the ADR's for the days that I won't be able to join them for meals? Do we just leave the reservations how they are and let them know that my 11 month old and I will not be joining them or what? Any ideas?
    As you can imagine I'm pretty upset but I guess I shouldn't have relied on my tax refund. I guess I'll be spending the week by the pool and at Downtown Disney.
    Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    sorry to hear this

you could explore all the resorts and look for hidden mickeys, take photographs, relax
    and maybe your tax refund will show up so you can go to the parks

personaly I'm not sure about the ADR

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    C'est vraiment trop ...
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    So sorry to hear your plans aren't working out.
    I would say just leave the ADR's alone and when your family checks in they can say the party size is smaller. It happens all the time. And who knows, the bank may correct the error before your trip is over, and you'll be able to join them.

There are lots of fun things you can do without going to the parks. One of my favorites is riding the boats that go between the resorts and exploring the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Ft. Wilderness. Animal Kingdom Lodge is also worth visiting, you can spend a lot of time watching the animals and exploring there.

Good luck! I hope it works out for the best.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I agree with Pat. Leave your ADR's as they are.

The boat ride between Epcot and DHS is really nice too. You could take a bus to one of the Epcot Resorts and then hop on the boat. Stop by the Boardwalk and take some time there! You will see lots of great street performers.

Also, your 11 month old would probably LOVE the jumping water fountains at Downtown Disney (there are also some at the Pop Century Resort). My kids will play in those for hours!!!

Go buy the Wilderness Lodge and ask for the Hidden Mickey hunt sheet from the front desk. It's free and it's fun! They also have a free tour of the resort that you should look into!

Stop by the lobby in the Grand Floridian in the evening and listen to the orchestra or the piano player.

Go over the Fort Wilderness (take the boat from Contemporary to FW) for the campfire sing a long with Chip and Dale at night...also FREE!

The Animal Kingdom Lodge is another great suggestion by Pat, there are places that you can view the animals in the savannah from.

And of course, staying the Contemporary....you have one of the best views on property for Wishes!

I hope it all works out and you are able to spend every day in the parks with your family, but if it doesn't....I hope you find these suggestions helpful!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I agree with Disneydame. There is a lot to do outside the parks. Checking out other resorts is really fun. Take your time and explore. I always make time for the Disney Marketplace. I can find fun in almost everything. Just riding the full loop of the monorail is enjoyable to me. Hope things work out for you.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It may be tough, but try not to think about things that you might not be able to do and concentrate on that which you will be able to do. (The money may come through yet.) Although not being able to join in all of the family fun, with the suggestions listed, you may get the chance to experience the Disney vacation that few people ever make time to enjoy. The crowds will be lighter in the suggested locations. Often there are characters in the hotels in area's off of the lobby where you can allow the baby to meet a character without having to wait for hours. Explore the "off the beaten trail" experiences. Knowing that you plan to come back in the Fall should help the "sting" of not being able to spend as much time in the parks as you had planned. Visit as many of the resorts as you like so you can decide where you'd like to stay the next time you come to WDW. I've never had the opportunity to see Wishes from the Contemporary so I don't know if you can hear the music from there, but get yourself a good viewing area and have a family member call you on a cell phone so you can see and hear it. By the time they return to the room, you'll have your feet up and be enjoying a cold one. Let us know if watching Wishes in your PJ's is as decedent as it sounds.
    Last edited by mini-V; 02-28-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That is such a shame; but hopefully when you call your bank on Monday it will all be straightened out. If not...the suggestions made by other posters are all good ones. We did ride the monorail to the Magic Kingdom resorts, getting off at each one and going into the different stores, etc. It was fun! Not only is the boat ride from the Epcot resorts to DHS relaxing, it's scenic; you can also walk from the Epcot resorts to DHS along a pathway by the water. I hope it all works out for you...
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    You know, I would actually love a vacation to Disney with a few days that I didn't have park tickets. That way, I could do all of the things that are listed above that I have never been able to do before! First of all, I'd be able to take it slow and just relax, which would be a nice change. Second of all, I would be able to explore every resort, go into all of the shops at DTD, do the Hidden Mickey scavenger hunts, rent a bike or surrey, and so much more! I hope everything does work out just the way you want it - I'd really like to hear about your trip when you get back!
    ~Ashleigh

disney-akj is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I hope everything works out for you! I am sorry!! It helps to vent sometimes!
    Michelle

Jujube is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: (Vent) Looks like I'll be spending my Disney vaca at the hotel :-(

Hi, everybody!
    Thanks for all the great tips but things actually worked out and I was able to get my park tickets and join the family! My sister actually rolled all the coins we could hunt down and came up with over $250 and I actually made $240 in tips the night before we left (an unheard of amount at my restaurant in the last 3 years!!). I was truly blessed! All our meals were great except my 11 month old was terrified of the characters at Chef Mickey's! She loved Mushu though. lol.
    And Mini-V, Wishes was great from our room in our p.j.'s! You can't hear the whole thing but if you strained to hear you could catch the music.
    I did have an awesome time but actually would have loved some down time to enjoy the pool even though the main pool at the contemporary was closed!
    Thanks again for all your tips and well-wishes, I truly appreciate it!

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Glad to hear everything worked out for you; I knew it would. Disney/Mickey Magic and all that!
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Glad everything worked out and you got to enjoy the parks!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Glad to see things worked out and most importantly you had fun.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Hi, everybody!
    Thanks for all the great tips but things actually worked out and I was able to get my park tickets and join the family! My sister actually rolled all the coins we could hunt down and came up with over $250 and I actually made $240 in tips the night before we left (an unheard of amount at my restaurant in the last 3 years!!). I was truly blessed! All our meals were great except my 11 month old was terrified of the characters at Chef Mickey's! She loved Mushu though. lol.
    And Mini-V, Wishes was great from our room in our p.j.'s! You can't hear the whole thing but if you strained to hear you could catch the music.
    I did have an awesome time but actually would have loved some down time to enjoy the pool even though the main pool at the contemporary was closed!
    Thanks again for all your tips and well-wishes, I truly appreciate it!
    I hope I can watch the fireworks in my PJ's one day too. Glad it all worked out. I was in the parks several times last week. We may have even passed by each other and didn't know it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast